Best 55" TV as a work monitor

Ge0rge3boy88

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am currently on the look out for a 55" TV to mainly use as a work monitor as it can at it's size utilize 6 screens for multitasking. After much research, I have narrowed it down to 3 TVs within my budget. LG CX, LG B1 (both the same price) and the Hisense U8GQ for £270 cheaper.

The Hisense would be my preferable route, due to price, but after research, it seems it does not compare the the similar named one on rtings? Also, as I will be sitting quite close to the screen, would the step up to the LG be a much better and a much more noticeable option in your opinion? My budget can go the the LG, but if I could have the exact same work experience with the U8GQ, I would prefer to save the money.

The LG CX is the best choice. In Europe the Hisense U8G is a different TV and the LG B1 is a lower end model with lower brightness. The C1 being the new CX.

I am currently on the look out for a 55" TV to mainly use as a work monitor as it can at it's size utilize 6 screens for multitasking. After much research, I have narrowed it down to 3 TVs within my budget. LG CX, LG B1 (both the same price) and the Hisense U8GQ for £270 cheaper.

The Hisense would be my preferable route, due to price, but after research, it seems it does not compare the the similar named one on rtings? Also, as I will be sitting quite close to the screen, would the step up to the LG be a much better and a much more noticeable option in your opinion? My budget can go the the LG, but if I could have the exact same work experience with the U8GQ, I would prefer to save the money.

I'd read the office section of this review of X series OLED as monitor, there are some things to consider if using this as a work display were you have a large number of static elements and automatic brightness limiting can be distracting if your work environment uses lots of bright white segments.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom