Best 55" for Movies(Mostly 1080p) and local TV, NO GAMING

LKM7

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i need help choosing the best 55" tv which will be used for movies, local tv, netflix, youtube... but no gaming.
Since most of the content will be 1080p which tv do you suggest?
Also tv is watched mostly during the evening, and i dont care for crazy viewing angles, around 30 degree is fine.

Are any of these good for the price:
Samsung QE55Q80T (eu version) - 915 euro (85T is too expensive in my country)
Sony KD-55XH9077 - 890 euro (XH95 is too expensive in my country)
LG OLED55BX - 1125 euro
Philips 55OLED754/12 - 1060 euro

I prefer to stay under 900 euro, but if those oled TVs are significantly better i will consider them.

edit: there is also one model for the same price as Q80T:
SAMSUNG QE55Q82T - is this one that is same as US version (anti reflection coating, ultra wide angle...) ?

Last edited:
prob Samsung QE55Q80T also have a look at the 55 inch Sony XH900 but might not be as good as the q80T

Sony XH900H (eu model Sony KD-55XH9077) was on sale today in one store in Croatia for 710 euro, but I wasn't fast enough :(

which do you think has better upscaling? I will be rarely watching 4k content so upscaling is more important.

q80T some say about the banding on the xh900 I don't know as have the xh95

Q80T has better upscaling by far, XH9005 has an integrated chip rather than dedicated. XH9505 has dedicated if its in reach and is the far better HDR TV.

Since you have LCD and OLED in your list though, you need to determine which is best for you:
SAMSUNG QE55Q82T - is this one that is same as US version (anti reflection coating, ultra wide angle...) ?
Look it up on your local Samsung website, if it has wide viewing angle filter listed it will be similar to the Q85T.

If you opted for OLED then look at a Panasonic , Netflix and Blu ray and HD TV stunning

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom