Question Best 55” TV under £600?? HELP

GoldenBoy1982

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a replacement TV as the 1 I just purchased is faulty (LG SM8500 49”) and is going back to the retailer.
From what I’ve read 55” TV’s appear to be better, some have better specs than their 49” counterparts whilst others appear better in HDR.
I watch a lot of sports and play on my Xbox, so it’s important to have a high refresh rate and low input lag, but I do use my TV for standard TV and films and love a smart remote so I need an all rounder.
I’m currently thinking that the Samsung RU8000 55” is the best way forward, although like all TV’s these days There always seems to be draw backs, the biggest drawbacks probably being that there’s no local dimming and that it is edge lit. It’s currently selling for £599 in a few Online shops, which is the top end of my budget.
I view content in all lighting conditions however my living room is quite bright.
I’ve been leaning towards the Samsung and LG brands mainly because of there WebOS and Tizon platforms.

Who thought that choosing a TV could be this difficult haha.
any help would be very much appreciative.

Edit; just seen the Hisense U7QF 50” which looks good, It’s Qled, has full array dimming, HDR10+, Dolby vision & Atmos, but only has a 60hz panel unlike the 55” And above versions which are 120hz and apparently in low latency it runs at about 0.15 which isn’t great, and I’m not sure if it has NowTV which is quite important because of sports. Personally I’m still leaning towards the Samsung RU8000 55” but would love your thoughts on the Hisense as it does sound like a better all round TV and I’m feeling torn

Jason

Last edited:

AVtest

You literally missed out hisense was doing cashback on their new models. maybe worth waiting. I vote for hisense purely for more features as dolby v, atmos, ac wifi etc. Just one negative for me personally is Vidaa OS, but then I dont like tizen either :D

GoldenBoy1982

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a replacement TV as the 1 I just purchased is faulty (LG SM8500 49”) and is going back to the retailer.
From what I’ve read 55” TV’s appear to be better, some have better specs than their 49” counterparts whilst others appear better in HDR.

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like
brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like
brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like
I watch a lot of sports and play on my Xbox, so it’s important to have a high refresh rate and low input lag, but I do use my TV for standard TV and films and love a smart remote so I need an all rounder.
I’m currently thinking that the Samsung RU8000 55” is the best way forward, although like all TV’s these days There always seems to be draw backs, the biggest drawbacks probably being that there’s no local dimming and that it is edge lit. It’s currently selling for £599 in a few Online shops, which is the top end of my budget.
I view content in all lighting conditions however my living room is quite bright.
I’ve been leaning towards the Samsung and LG brands mainly because of there WebOS and Tizon platforms.

Who thought that choosing a TV could be this difficult haha.
any help would be very much appreciativ
You literally missed out hisense was doing cashback on their new models. maybe worth waiting. I vote for hisense purely for more features as dolby v, atmos, ac wifi etc. Just one negative for me personally is Vidaa OS, but then I dont like tizen either :D
thanks for the reply. Oh wow how much cash back were Hisense giving back? Yeah I’m not sure about Vidaa or Tizen, but both those TVs appear better than what LG are offering in that price range and the reviews that I’ve seen are positive. Have you got any other TV suggestions?

AVtest

thanks for the reply. Oh wow how much cash back were Hisense giving back? Yeah I’m not sure about Vidaa or Tizen, but both those TVs appear better than what LG are offering in that price range and the reviews that I’ve seen are positive. Have you got any other TV suggestions?
Everything is here https://hisense.co.uk/summercashback/ I guess prices should come down a bit soon as more sets should appear from competitors.
Considering your budget and requirements your choice is very limited. really either up budget a bit or wait till prices come down on more solid sets. As example there was philips 58pus8505 on amazon for £525 only 60hz but decent set looking at pictures of owners and ambilight is adding nice touch. Lag on them I like 18ms if I remember correctly.

GoldenBoy1982

Novice Member
Sorry for the late reply. I’ve seen that the Hisense U7QF apparently has motion issues especially when it comes to sports so that’s a no go. I’m now thinking either the Samsung RU8000 or TU8000 both in 55” do you know which 1 would be more suited for my needs or if there is a better TV on the market for £600?? I’m not too fused about lag times or HDMI 2.1

My TV is going back to the retailer tomorrow so need to order a new 1 ASAP.

thanks for your time replying

Last edited:

AVtest

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve seen that the Hisense U7QF apparently has motion issues especially when it comes to sports so that’s a no go. I’m now thinking either the Samsung RU8000 or TU8000 both in 55” do you know which 1 would be more suited for my needs or if there is a better TV on the market for £600?? I’m not too fused about lag times or HDMI 2.1

My TV is going back to the retailer tomorrow so need to order a new 1 ASAP.

thanks for your time replying
Well looking at this comparison RU8000 is clear winner 120hz panel, dci 90% , hdr10+ etc
Haven't seen either so can't say much really.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom