Best 50hz widescreen tv?

straygoat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I finally sold my 36" Philips tv and now I'm looking for a smaller replacement. 28" would probably be ok.

I have around £400-500 to spend and wondered what you all think is the best option.

Ideally, I'd be looking for something that is widescreen doesn't have too much size at the back of the set (not too deep), high quality picture and sound, at least 2 scarts (3 or 4 would be better), audio and vid inputs and maybe even composite inputs.

I think I'd rather go 50hz as the picture looks better on 50hz in my opinion.

I was thinking of going for a Sony. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Hello again

I've just been having a look at the specs for a toshiba 28zd26. It seems that this 100hz model can be switched to 50hz as required. Is that right?

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a toshiba 28zd26 or a similar model that has component video, progressive scan and lets you switch to 50hz as an option? I can't find one anywhere!

Not Digital Direct thanks - I've had terrible problems with them in the past.

straygoat said:
Hello again

I've just been having a look at the specs for a toshiba 28zd26. It seems that this 100hz model can be switched to 50hz as required. Is that right?

Even though you can switch to 50hz the picture is still processed, it would still display the usual digital artifacts of these current 100hz toshiba models.

Ok. I have decided to go down the cheaper route - I just need a 28" set that has a great picture, at least 2 scarts + audio connections (I've given up on component as I can't find a 28" set with them that is still available). Probably around the £300 mark. What is best?

hi,
i have always believed that some 50hz are better than most tvs today.
for your price range it possible to get a b&0 28' avant about 7-8 years old.
i'm sure it will give you the 'mother' of all pictures coupled with a motorised stand and active hifi speakers.
if you look on ebay i'm sure your find what your looking for.
remember new this tv costs around £4000.

good luck

I reckon the Sony KD28DX5whatever is worth a look

straygoat said:
Ok. I have decided to go down the cheaper route - I just need a 28" set that has a great picture, at least 2 scarts + audio connections (I've given up on component as I can't find a 28" set with them that is still available). Probably around the £300 mark. What is best?

I'd get a Samsung for a good price...I have an almost 10 years old Samsung 28" widescreen which looks gorgeous with Pioneer DV-525...I just purchased a high quality RGB SCART and PQ jumped a notch (I was using RGB before but this...PHEW...is scary)...and it never failed me and had no problems with it EVER...of course Toshibas and Loewes can reach that quality, but for a budget purchase, I'd get a Samsung any day...check this out: Samsung WS 50Hz CRT

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom