Best 50" to 55" 4k TV for under 1000 and under 800

Steveroks5

Novice Member
Hey everyone I'm in need of a new tv but finding it difficult to make a choice and have managed to narrow it down to the below looking at the 50" range or closest.

I was hoping you could help me out on which is best as I can't find much information on the TCL's.

Budget 1 - Sony X95J vs TCL C815K/C825k vs Samsung QN90A/QN94A

Budget 2 - Sony X90J Vs TCL C725K/C728K vs Samsung QN85A

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Almost within budget 2, but as good as anything in budget 1.

Last years Sony 55XH9505. Have a look around, they're getting thin on the ground now. I can see them at Argos but only a 1 yr warranty with them.

The only downside is if you are a gamer, they don't have HDMI 2.1

TVs are replaced every year and the differences are marginal and not always an improvement over the previous years model.
The best time of year to buy a TV is Spring when you can get last years model at a significant discount. The general advice if you're buying in the same model year is to at least wait until Black Friday as that's when decent discounts start on the current model year TVs.

The XH9505 is a runout model and replaced by the XJ95, once they're gone that's it.

I think the XJ95 is only available in 65"+ sizes.

Dodgexander

I think the QN94/QN95A models are quite a bit better overall than the others.
X95J will be close to the QN90.
TCL is an unknown before we see more reviews, looks decent on paper, not sure if its more like the Q80A or Sony X90J than the higher end TVs though.

As mentioned already, bad timing to be buying a TV now unless you can find 2020 stock.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom