1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 50" Plasma ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by McFly, Mar 14, 2004.

1. McFly

McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I am looking for a replacement for my Pioneer PDP503HDE Plasma which broke down completely after just 27 months (the plasma panel itself must be replaced to repair it.. so I decided to better spend my money on buying a new one). Which display is currenly the best available ? I am just concerning the picture quality (noise, black level, color match ... just the overall performance. I know that no model is perfect in all aspects) and not the pricing or connectivity issue. I want to use the display for digital satellite television (Astra) and DVD playback (both via SCART RGB connection) but I might consider getting DVI capable devices if the quality gain is noteable.
    Looking over the posts in this forum I have already learned that most people recommend Panasonic, Pioneer or Fujitsu panels. Does anyone know how the current 50" models of the more uncommon brands like Toshiba, Samsung, Philips etc perform ? On its german website Panasonic announces a new home cinema model for April/May featuring Acuity technology (TH-50PV30). Does anyone know more about this panel ? Is there any review of the new Fujitsu P50XHA30 available ? Does it feature the same technology (Faroudja scaler chip, optional connectivity box) as the P42HHS10E which got very good reviews in german home cinema magazines. I hope you can help me in choosing the best solution.

Regards
    Stefan Lorenz
    Germany

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The 2 fujitsus are streets apart in every respect. No faroudja chipset on the 50", and progressive glass, not ALIS. My personal current fav. is Panasonic, but be aware it hums and has a fan, there's a recent thread on that subject.