Best 50" Monitor/TV for up to £2,000, Panasonic or Kuro

Yes indeed. I'm based in the New Forest, Hampshire. Willing to travel to Bournemouth/Poole area and over to Portsmouth to view an LX-5090 or KRP-500a. I can bring wine and I'm very well behaved! :)

Had this email from the seller of the Pioneer KRP-500a today as a text message. I text him saying I wasn't proceeding as ebay and told me it was a fraudulent listing.....

Excuse me am the one that called you on more than one accassion are you said you where not able to talk am a very busy man and I don't sit down in front of a computer and I have no need to lie and I am certainly not a scammer this was my first sale on ebay and cause of the amount they right fully protect the buyer by doing various checks my account was suspended pending checks not terminated so becareful with your assumptions good day.

Yes indeed. I'm based in the New Forest, Hampshire. Willing to travel to Bournemouth/Poole area and over to Portsmouth to view an LX-5090 or KRP-500a. I can bring wine and I'm very well behaved! :)
LOL. I'm in yorkshire mate, or you could pop round here !!!

Had this email from the seller of the Pioneer KRP-500a today as a text message. I text him saying I wasn't proceeding as ebay and told me it was a fraudulent listing.....

Bloody ell, what a doob. Sounds like a dodgy foreigner on the make.

We were talking last night. He said it is still available and I could send my friend over to have a look at it for me. Unfortunately my friend was busy so couldn't make it over. He said he's got someone else looking at it this morning. It does sound a bargain at that price, for a KRP-500a with 3 years of warranty however!

I spoke to him last night and he is saying he does still have the TV and he's definitely not a scammer. He said I'm welcome to come up on Saturday and have a look if it isn't sold by then. He's given me a serial number too so I can check with Pioneer.

Well, today I checked the serial number with Pioneer and they had no record of it. I tried his name and post code but they had nothing. I sent him a message saying I wasn’t going ahead as it wasn’t covered by the 5 year Pioneer warranty and he told me to “stop wasting his time and to not contact him again” amongst other things. Lovely. I hate people who think they, or their work/business, is far too important to deal with other people outside of it. I think it’s sad. I was trying to buy his TV but getting a serial number or photo of it was like trying to get blood out of a stone! I never did get a photo. Beware anyone buying a Pioneer KRP-500a from Edmonton in London.

Flipping heck mate, i would have had zero contact the minute that ebay said it was fradulent.

I would also text him back and advise him that you have had contact with the police and have furnished them with all the telephone numbers he has provided and called from along with a copy of all his texts and reported him and to expect contact from them very shortly, the cheeky :censored:.

Don't really want anything else to do with him. All phone numbers, emails and text messages have been deleted from my phone to stop anything else happening!

As my car insurance was a whopping £300 more than what I had expected, and we have a holiday coming up (during which I'd like to eat and drink lavishly!) I've decided to cut my budget back so I've probably ruled out a KRP-500 along with a new Panasonic 50VT30. I'm now looking to spend as close to £1,000 as possible, so maybe an LX-5090 if I can get one for around that money. It's annoying I missed an LX-5090 on eBay which was local and sold for just over £1,100.

Flipping heck mate, i would have had zero contact the minute that ebay said it was fradulent.

I would also text him back and advise him that you have had contact with the police and have furnished them with all the telephone numbers he has provided and called from along with a copy of all his texts and reported him and to expect contact from them very shortly, the cheeky :censored:.

Trouble is that he may get funny as well !!

He has got his

E:mail address.

ebay address

Location approx via ebay , mobile number

and possible landline number etc etc

not worth it dont go there !

the possitive thIng from this is that you have not lost any money ,just your time and effort !

and a bit wiser . lol ;) :smashin:

But a good slap is allowed. :p

Last edited:
Trouble is that he may get funny as well !!

He has got his

E:mail address.

ebay address

Location approx via ebay , mobile number

and possible landline number etc etc

not worth it dont go there !

the possitive thIng from this is that you have not lost any money ,just your time and effort !

and a bit wiser . lol ;) :smashin:

But a good slap is allowed. :p

I suppose, but id offer him a jiyu kumite for his trouble :devil:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom