1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 50/55" plasma for low quality / analog source?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tagore, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Tagore

Tagore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am presently looking at throwing out the CRT I have at home here in Singapore.

Definitely want a 50 or 55" model and am presently looking at Panasonic (PW6 - newer models not available yet) and Pioneer 50" (504HDE) models or the Hitachi (55PMA550).

I don't watch too much in the way of movies and the main issue is we don't get digital or HDTV signals here yet (or maybe even this century!) so want to make sure that I get something that can make the most of a relatively low quality signal - it's not too shabby (no ghosting and clear enough on a 34' CRT) just not what I would really like.

Leaning towards the Hitachi at the moment - retails for around GBP3,000 here as opposed to the Pioneer for around GBP2,700.

I watch a lot of sport (footy, rugby, tennis, cricket - yes we get that here etc) mainly plus the odd movie from local cable plus the odd sitcom

Any input appreciated.

2. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If available, consider the Fujitsu XHA40US 50"
    I use it with a low quality digital tv source and sent via its VGA socket or better still, its Svideo socket, the picture is perfectly watchable on sport.