Best 5.1 Speaker package for £200 ?

muj7860

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi there
as you probably know im in deperate search for a 5.1 system. ive been looking various brands from Bose, to Tannoy. i have come to the conclusion of these following systems that will be best for my price range. as ive stated in previous posts, these are going to be used for Xbox 360, Ipod and Pc. I have chosen an amp and im going to go with the Sony STR-DH800.
here are the systems, i will be posting links with them aswell:

1. Onkyo SKSHT528-Onkyo SKSHT528 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds
  2. Tannoy SFX-Tannoy SFX5.1 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package - Expected W/C 29/12 | Richer Sounds
  3. Wharfedale Moviestar 65-AV Bristol Limited - avbristol.co.uk
ok im going to be honest with you, i havent heard of any of these brand before, except Wharfedale. in my opinion i thought the only best speakers brand were, Bose and B&W. i know for a fact these wont be in comparison with B&W, but im hoping one of these systems is going to be better than the Bose. thanks.
if you have any other suggestions for 5.1 Speaker Packages that will be best suited with the Amp, please comment and be sure to leave a link. thanks.:thumbsup:

I must stress that I'm just repeating what I've read, but for the budget the Tannoy's are probably the ones to go for as they pair well with the DH800.

I must stress that I'm just repeating what I've read, but for the budget the Tannoy's are probably the ones to go for as they pair well with the DH800.

i just want to make sure its the right choice, i just noticed you actually own the Tannoys and the Sony Amp. is the Bass good?

I am currently looking to upgrade my system and was all set to pair an Onkyo 507 with the tannoys. Everyone was pointing to the Tannoys, then up stepped Dicklodge. He pointed me in the direction of the Wharfedale Moviestar 65s, Not been able to get anyfeedback on the wharfedales but I will be putting my order in for them in the next few days. I spoke to the bloke at AV Bristol and he was very favourable towards the Wharfedales (he does sell them tho). I think they also look better than the Tannoys.

I am currently looking to upgrade my system and was all set to pair an Onkyo 507 with the tannoys. Everyone was pointing to the Tannoys, then up stepped Dicklodge. He pointed me in the direction of the Wharfedale Moviestar 65s, Not been able to get anyfeedback on the wharfedales but I will be putting my order in for them in the next few days. I spoke to the bloke at AV Bristol and he was very favourable towards the Wharfedales (he does sell them tho). I think they also look better than the Tannoys.
well i totally agree with you there, they do look better. is it possible if you could PM me or something when you have them all set up?

Will do, My local richersounds is closed till tues, so I will order the speakers tonight and pop over to Edinburgh for the amp on Tues. Will get back to you.

Will do, My local richersounds is closed till tues, so I will order the speakers tonight and pop over to Edinburgh for the amp on Tues. Will get back to you.
thanks, i really appreciate your help. :thumbsup:

i am waiting for the WHARFEDALE MOVIESTAR 65+ so will have news soon

Here is a thread discussing the Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ systems -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/speakers/1152357-wharfedale-moviestar-65-5-1-system.html

That should give you some broader feedback on the model. Though what is there seems very positive.

The Moviestar 65+ is generally not sold in the UK, but has a history outside of Britain. Currently only one store has them, and that is AVBristol.co.uk.

Others in this price range are the Jamo 102 and the Tannoy SFX. But based on looks and size, I would personally lean toward the Moviestar systems.

Also, rubenm, when you get your new Moviestar system, absolutely do post back in the other thread and give us your impressions. Always valuable information.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom