Best 4K UHD movies to show off new OLED

So far I have purchased, in no particular order.

Le mans 66 (Ford vs Ferrari)
Lucy
Inception
Days of Thunder
Mad Max
Godzilla vs Kong
Tremors
Top Gun
The Shining
Ambulance

I'll get some more but this should keep me going for a little while.

I also have Netflix and Prime both that offer a little content in UHD but don't know if it's true 4K?

I did read somewhere that YouTube are finally going to have 5.1 on some content.

Lucy has stunning picture quality.

Funnily enough I have just got a 3 month trial of Disney using some clubcard vouchers. 👍

So excited for the TV arriving now 😝
That Tesco deal is really good, I got a 6 month code a few months ago for only £9 of Clubcard points.

Congratulations on your new Oled TV!

Not sure if already mentioned but Pacific Rim (1) is pretty jaw dropping on mine.
Yes a couple of people have mentioned that Pacific Rim is great in 4K.

From what I remember, not a great film lol. But might see if CeX have it.

I know I'm rather late to the OLED party but had to wait for prices to drop and dead chuffed with getting the Philips 55 806 For £752 on a Curry's deal.

In the Line of Fire and Shawshank Redemption are 2 that really stand out as quality and definitely worth picking up if you like them.

Thereafter revisiting both - A Quiet Place 1&2 today; especially when it comes down to Dolby Vision....I would like to include these two here.

It's not 4K but I was really impressed with the movie Copshop when I first had my OLED (free now on Prime). Partly because it is a Gerard Butler movie that's actually really good (81% on RT if you care for that sort of thing)- but mainly for the Director's fantastic use of shade and colour (inky black exteriors, blazing interiors, colours that pop) - you'll see what I mean from the opening credit sequence. Looks terrific on an OLED late at night :).....

It's not 4K but I was really impressed with the movie Copshop when I first had my OLED (free now on Prime). Partly because it is a Gerard Butler movie that's actually really good (81% on RT if you care for that sort of thing)- but mainly for the Director's fantastic use of shade and colour (inky black exteriors, blazing interiors, colours that pop) - you'll see what I mean from the opening credit sequence. Looks terrific on an OLED late at night :).....

It’s available on 4K from Finland I believe, I have it and can confirm it looks and sounds great.

I recently re-watched The Shallows, it looks absolutely superb, fantastic light and scenery.

Good film too!

Lone Survivor. It's an OK film but looks great.

Well the TV arrived yesterday evening....and WOW what a difference to my old Sony. The OLED picture is amazing and I ended up having a rather late evening as I didn't get it all up and running until about 6pm and then started hunting out some HD content to watch.

I haven't actually watched any of the 4K Blu-rays yet (that will be tonight) but as @Indiana Jones suggested I looked for some HD content on Disney+ and went down a rabbit hole from Toy story to Star Wars....untill my wife shouted at me to turn it off and come to bed lol.

Trouble is I'm now wanting to upgrade my sound system.... it never ends!

Hello everyone, I am hoping some people can offer some advice/opinions.

I am getting a new OLED TV very soon (lg c1) and am very excited about it. I’m thinking I will also get a 4k Blu ray player aswell, although not sure which one yet.

But I am curious for suggestions of some good disks to help show off a new tv.

The types of movies I enjoy are, action type movies such as Spider-Man, Batman. I also enjoy things like James Bond. Gangster movies.

But am open to any suggestions that you think will really show off my new tv.

Thanks

@Hocking88 thread merged here many films suggestions here.

I am getting a new OLED TV very soon (lg c1) and am very excited about it. I’m thinking I will also get a 4k Blu ray player aswell, although not sure which one yet.

The types of movies I enjoy are, action type movies such as Spider-Man, Batman. I also enjoy things like James Bond. Gangster movies.

Thanks
Transformers The Last Knight

Thanks
The Avengers (I refused to call it Avengers Assemble)

In the Line of Fire and Shawshank Redemption are 2 that really stand out as quality and definitely worth picking up if you like them.
I disagree that Shawshank Redemption is reference quality. I have it and while it's much better then the blu-ray version, reference it is not. Not with my 65" LG OLED C1.

Matrix films look really good, as do the John Wick films.
David Attenborough documentaries, obviously.

The Avengers (I refused to call it Avengers Assemble)
Quite right. That was what Steeds catchphrase. :laugh:
AA Steed Avengers Assemble.jpg

Thanks for all ideas the films to watch and explorer again.

I got my OLED yesterday and will send some recommendations AS well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom