Best 4K TV for PS5 at about £550-600?

Swarming

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Due to a weird scheme me and my family have cooked up, the idea is they'll get my current TV and buy a better gaming-suited one for me and I'll pay the difference because mine's good as new and way better than their current 8 year old 1080p TV, but doesn't have the sort of stuff I want for next-gen consoles like ALLM, proper HDR, etc.

I'm atm torn between two TVs that both look excellent.

1. Samsung AU9000 55 - £449, down from £729 (Amazon UK)
2. HiSense 55U7HQTUK - £549, down from £899 (Amazon UK)

I'm leaning towards the HiSense. This is almost 100% for gaming on my PS5 and Series X, but I do watch TV via my Apple TV 4K too. So ideally I want good HDR support, especially for games, plus the obvious stuff for next-gen consoles.

Which one of these would be the best? And is there a better option within my price range in the UK right now? I'm particularly hoping to take advantage of Black Friday offers.

I'd really appreciate any help, I really do need some help, I've been struggling over this for days now.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Neither are really good enough for HDR. You should be saving up for an LG C2 or even an LG CS if you're really cash strapped. You can get a 55" CS for £849 right now. (who knows if it'll go lower on BF)

Neither are really good enough for HDR. You should be saving up for an LG C2 or even an LG CS if you're really cash strapped. You can get a 55" CS for £849 right now. (who knows if it'll go lower on BF)
That just isn't within my budget. I'm looking for one up to and including about £600. OLED also isn't necessary for good HDR.

I have just spotted the Samsung Q65B QLED 50" for £568 down from £699 (Amazon link), is that a decent set?

Where have you seen it for that price, I can get it for £799.

Where have you seen it for that price, I can get it for £799.

That's almost certainly outside of my price range but where would I find it for £799?

I currently have a low end HiSense 4K 43" TV, so I really want at least a 50" TV when I upgrade. 120HZ and VRR are nice to have, and both the ones I've linked have them, but I'd always choose 4K60 over 1080p 120fps for a game anyway, so my priority is that HDR is really solid (maybe via a QLED panel) and that it has ALLM and FreeSync.

That's almost certainly outside of my price range but where would I find it for £799?

I currently have a low end HiSense 4K 43" TV, so I really want at least a 50" TV when I upgrade. 120HZ and VRR are nice to have, and both the ones I've linked have them, but I'd always choose 4K60 over 1080p 120fps for a game anyway, so my priority is that HDR is really solid (maybe via a QLED panel) and that it has ALLM and FreeSync.
Box TV with a promo code, runs out tonight at midnight.

Mate I'm really sorry, and I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm confused now. Are you saying that there's a Deal on Box.co.uk on an LG CS TV, that the promo code to get it down to £799 is TG180, and that I could get it for £849 at Richer Sounds with a 6 year warranty?

Mate I'm really sorry, and I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm confused now. Are you saying that there's a Deal on Box.co.uk on an LG CS TV, that the promo code to get it down to £799 is TG180, and that I could get it for £849 at Richer Sounds with a 6 year warranty?
Yes, if you have the funds go with Richer Sounds as they have a better warranty.

That just isn't within my budget. I'm looking for one up to and including about £600. OLED also isn't necessary for good HDR.

I have just spotted the Samsung Q65B QLED 50" for £568 down from £699 (Amazon link), is that a decent set?
I never said OLED was necessary for HDR, but your budget is too low for good HDR on LCD as well. That's just my opinion though, but I feel like most on here would agree with me.

It's actually £829 on Richersounds if you use the code TV20.

Alternatively if you want something smaller you can get 42" LG C2 for £725 (£710 + £15 membership.

I never said OLED was necessary for HDR, but your budget is too low for good HDR on LCD as well. That's just my opinion though, but I feel like most on here would agree with me.

Alternatively if you want something smaller you can get 42" LG C2 for £725 (£710 + £15 membership.
With it being so close to Christmas I'm reluctant to get it from Richer Sounds as they only offer 4 months interest free on PayPal credit, still, that's a cracking deal for such a quality set.

So I've found the LG OLED55CS6LA on RicherSounds and with the discounts plus free postage that's down to £819. I'm still not sure I can push to that, but eh...

Am I likely to notice a significant difference playing games on my PS5 compared to the ULED 4K 120hz Dolby Vision panel on the HISENSE 55U7HQTUK I referred to earlier (this one)?

So I've found the LG OLED55CS6LA on RicherSounds and with the discounts plus free postage that's down to £819. I'm still not sure I can push to that, but eh...

Am I likely to notice a significant difference playing games on my PS5 compared to the ULED 4K 120hz Dolby Vision panel on the HISENSE 55U7HQTUK I referred to earlier (this one)?
What discount did you use, I could only get it down to £849, the picture quality will be heads and shoulders better than the Hisense.

What discount did you use, I could only get it down to £849, the picture quality will be heads and shoulders better than the Hisense.
I used both the TV20 code, plus the one you get for your first order as a VIP member (which is free to sign up for, but also randomly generated), then also ticked free 3-5 day postage so that took off another £19 in postage

Maybe @Dodgexander can chime in to help you out here. I think his input would be valuable to help you decide.

But IMO, yes.

Btw if you really did go for that Hisense it's £443 at costco with 5 year warranty.

It's not worth buying anything inside your budget, but that's already been explained above.
You are best looking at the OLEDs mentioned which despite costing more than a TV like the Hisense U7H will be significantly better.

There's no value in cheaper TVs now.

I'm about to click buy on the 55" LG CS 4K 120HZ one. Is this really the one to go for? I can just about stretch to £800 if I'm careful.

I'm about to click buy on the 55" LG CS 4K 120HZ one. Is this really the one to go for? I can just about stretch to £800 if I'm careful.
I'm not sure why you'd buy anything right now with sales around the corner.
It would be insensible. The LG C2 was spotted in Costco for £800 which is essentially a year's newer tech for the same money.

Stay and see what deals come, and check the OLED Price Changes thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom