• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 4K tv for gaming

Scot6y

Established Member
I'm in the market finally for buying a 4K tv, but need some help on which to buy.
My budget is around 1300 pounds and primary use would be sky and games.

Dodgexander

Panasonic 58DX902 on their eBay refurb store if you can still find one.

Otherwise one of Samsungs KS range, although hard to find now (KS7000,7500,8000,9000).

If you can't find those 2016 models anymore I would wait for the price of the Sony XE90xx or even XE93xx to go down. Samsung have the Q series too, but they are also overpriced and aren't much better versus last years KS range.

Panasonic, LG and Hisense don't make any capable HDR LCDs in 2017.. at least not yet. Only LG, Sony and Panasonic make good HDR OLEDs. But the most you can expect to see 55" OLEDs come down to around £1500 next spring if 2016 pricing is anything to go by.

Scot6y

Established Member
Thanks mate exactly what I needed
Panasonic 58DX902 on their eBay refurb store if you can still find one.

Otherwise one of Samsungs KS range, although hard to find now (KS7000,7500,8000,9000).

If you can't find those 2016 models anymore I would wait for the price of the Sony XE90xx or even XE93xx to go down. Samsung have the Q series too, but they are also overpriced and aren't much better versus last years KS range.

Panasonic, LG and Hisense don't make any capable HDR LCDs in 2017.. at least not yet. Only LG, Sony and Panasonic make good HDR OLEDs. But the most you can expect to see 55" OLEDs come down to around £1500 next spring if 2016 pricing is anything to go by.
ks

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom