1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 4k TV for Gaming? 1k budget

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Isonic, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Isonic

Isonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hey guys, looking to upgrade after using my trusted Sony Bravia Full HD for 10 years. Christ, that things done me well!

I'm really not to knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff now, it's alot more complicated than it used to be. What I'm really after is a TV which will showcase my Xbox one to its fullest potential and in future the xbox scorpio which I will be picking up. I watch Sky and Netflix to so I want those to look quality aswell, but gaming priority.

My budget is really about 1k although I'm willing to add an extra 100 is absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance guys, really appreciate the help as this has been driving me nuts for a month.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,225
    Panasonic DX-902 is 1k on their own refurb store on eBay. Won't get better for your money.

3. Isonic

Isonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for he reply, I don't think this has hdr though. Is that compulsory for the xbox scorpio to shine?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,225
    It does have HDR, it is the best performing HDR TV at its price point.

5. Isonic

Isonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mate this TV looks amazing. Thanks for the headsup, a little apprehensive about buying reburshed though so will look into the returns and warranty details with a fine tooth comb

6. Isonic

Isonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hey dodge just another quick question as you seem to know your sh*t. Apparently the input lag in this panasonic isn't great for gaming, which may be an issue as I'm a big online gamer. I've been reading loads about the Samsung ks8000 which I can pick up for a grand, the size is 48inch which is abit lower than I wanted but do you think the Panasonic will still be best for my needs?

7. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,225
    When it came out it had high input lag but has since been reduced to 38ms which is decent.
    Samsung is around 21ms which is better, but anything sub 50 is fine for most people.

I would not consider it a good deal going for the Samsung if only for that reason because the Panasonic is the much better TV overall. HDR is a lot better on it.

If you want the best of both world's you would be looking at saving for a 65KS9500 or picking up a LG C6/B6 OLED. You could also hold off and wait for the Sony XE90 to go down in price.

8. Isonic

Isonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Decided to take the plunge and get the Panasonic, only 3 left which prompted my hand. Too good of a deal to turn down, thanks for all your help dodge