Best 4K daytime projector?

Mil

Standard Member
Hello everyone,
Could you please advise on the brightest / best 4K projector for daytime usage? I have purchased ALR long throw projection screen from sunscreen.hr which is absolutely amazing, however I am moving to another country and I have seen that they also offer UST screen which has better ambient light reflection due to different technology.

I found 5000 lumen 4K projector from Optoma UHZ65LV which sounds great, while UST projectors I have seen are all below 3000-4000 lumens.

I am struggling to understand which combination would give me better and brighter picture for daytime usage.

Can anyone help?
Thanks a lot,
Mil

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
I’m not that knowledgeable about UST projectors but I believe the reason their ALR screens are supposed to be better with ambient light rejection is that they are designed to accept a projector light beam from below the screen and you generally don’t get much ambient light or other light for that matter shining up so they are able to design them to reject all other light better.

I would imagine that if daytime viewing is very importance then maybe UST is the direction you should be looking. Also if they combat ambient light better then maybe there isn’t the same need for as much lumens.

Mil

Standard Member
Thanks Lumimated - makes sense!

I’m still though trying to understand which one would perform better - UHZ65LV with 5000 lumens vs any top UST laser 4k in that price range, for ambient light environment.

lattiboy

Standard Member
27DF2CEE-63B3-4F82-9F7A-54A0009D4F87.jpeg

Hisense 100 or 120 L5F all day long. Comes with an incredible CLR screen and I’ve been blown away by the daytime performance. This was taken with multiple windows with curtains open in the middle of the day.

Mil

Standard Member
Looks good! I'm also happy with LT screen from sunscreen.hr + 2200 lumen UHD65, however as I have the opportunity to upgrade I want to get the best possible option.

Sunscreen is working amazingly for me and I could order custom size directly from their site.

Now just the question for me is whether to stick to LT + 5000 lumen UHZ65LV (or some other LT 4k projector) OR to go with UST projector and UST screen.

In the new flat, everything is in glass with a lot of sunlight so want to ensure I get the best performance possible.

lattiboy

Standard Member
View attachment 1591439

Hisense 100 or 120 L5F all day long. Comes with an incredible CLR screen and I’ve been blown away by the daytime performance. This was taken with multiple windows with curtains open in the middle of the day
Looks good! I'm also happy with LT screen from sunscreen.hr + 2200 lumen UHD65, however as I have the opportunity to upgrade I want to get the best possible option.

Sunscreen is working amazingly for me and I could order custom size directly from their site.

Now just the question for me is whether to stick to LT + 5000 lumen UHZ65LV (or some other LT 4k projector) OR to go with UST projector and UST screen.

In the new flat, everything is in glass with a lot of sunlight so want to ensure I get the best performance possible.

If you have an existing screen the LG HU810P is incredible…. As long as it doesn’t produce laser speckle. I had to return mine because on my Cinegrey 3D screen it looked horrible, but it’s a per screen, per viewer situation. I ended up with the UST and I’m very happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom