Best 43" Viewing Angles

fozziebear39

Hi, I've not kept up with TV's for a while, always bought Sony. Just moved house and looking for a TV for dining kitchen this week. The only placement is in the middle of the long length of the room, so viewing angle is the most important feature, IPS panel then? It's going as flat on the wall as it can, no swivel around. The maximum size is 43"
So help me choose please, ideally under £500 (rules out Sony) but if it has the best viewing angles I can spend a bit more. Not plugging anything into it so it must have all the Apps, BT Sport, NOW, BritBox, Netflix, Prime and Apple TV. Maybe plug storage in to record and pause Freeview. That's it, thank you.

ab12

A 43'' LG will be your safest bet as they always come with IPS type panels. Philips PUS7906 most likely comes with an ADS/IPS panel and the Samsung AU8000 as well. However, both ship the same TVs with multiple types of panel.

TU70/AU71 is definitely VA type TV and not suited as most of Samsung's line-up. 43'' AU8000 ships with BOE ADS panel, but also with INX VA panels. That said, my guess is most batches will have ADS panels, see below. If you want to go Samsung and IPS the 8-series (TU/AU8) is your only option, but make sure you purchase from a reputable retailer and can return the TV (due to their panel lottery).

Last edited by a moderator:

jenam93

2021 models of LG:
LG 43UP75006 Basic remote - currently around £329 at John Lewis/Richer Sounds
LG 43UP77006 Magic remote - currently around £380 at John Lewis/Richer Sounds
LG 43UP81006 Magic remote - currently around £400 at John Lewis/Richer Sounds

Same panel in each, difference in HDMIs, bezel colour, stand, remote etc.

Whether you can find any more direct offers or not I don't know....

On Black Friday I used quidco who were offering £75 back on TVs over £350 at Argos, who themselves were offering 10% of TVs with code TV10 (Also listed at quidco). I am hoping therefore that the 43UP81006 I bought will cost me about £285 if/when the cashback comes in, downside being only 1 year warranty.

Last edited:

fozziebear39

I need it delivered, but not to worry, I think we have a winner, the LG 43UP76906LE it's in wife friendly white!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom