Best 43 Inch TV For General Viewing

Anyone4apint

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

I have been searching the forum but I am a bit bewildered by all the choice and considerations. Could someone tell me what I should buy noting the following considerations:

- Can't be over 43 due to the size of the alcove it's going in
- Viewing angle is relatively straight on
- Viewing distance is about 3 meters, standard lounge so some sun on the screen
- Only used for Sky HD, Netflix, etc. No gaming.

I've looked at a few Samsungs and I really like the idea of the Philips ambilght but that seems to have mixed reviews. I am just lost as to what to get.

I don't care about price as it seems you can't get into silly money at this price range. I can wait a few months if OLED etc is due to arrive soon at this size but I don't think that's planned?

What do I buy? Looking for the best picture for general viewing at a 43 Inch size. Ideally not Sony as I hate my current Sony (old smart interface locks up all the time).

Any help is really appreciated, I don't really understand all the tech talk I just need a simple buy this because it's good kinda thing lol

CZLCD

Novice Member
"The A6200 doesn't include Hisense's Ultra Smooth Motion frame interpolation feature."

depot

I have a 43 LG, the picture on sky hd is stunning, it was a top of the range model a couple of years ago. If you buy from john lewis or costco you can return the set if you don't like it

Anyone4apint

Novice Member
Thanks guys.

I had a good look at a few today. I think its a toss up between:

- Sony XP85 (KD43XF85)
- LG 6950
- Samsung 7470

The Sony confuses me as it has crap reviews but to my uneducated eye when they were all side by side it looked far and away the best, but maybe this is just the John Lewis and Currys demo videos? I also hate the general Sony interface and question if its really worth £650 when the others are £200 cheaper.... but it does look better imo.

The LG and Samsung seemed pretty damm close. Not seen the Hisense yet, will try to find somewhere this week to have a look.

Dodgexander

You can't get a TV that ticks every box, especially at this size.

The Sony XF85 is the best spec TV, especially if you want to use motion enhancements to clear up blur, judder and stutter.

Other options however can be better from a contrast point of view, even the cheapest Hisense A series recommended above.

I would personally buy as cheap as possible at this size because you aren't going to get a fantastic TV. If you are willing to pay for the very best this size has to offer get the Sony XF85 but beware of its poor contrast due to an IPS panel.

EDIT* forgot to mention what I usually do - do not get an UHD model at all if you are still using regular sources like broadcast TV. You'll probably be better off with your current model for that.

psychopomp1

A few weeks ago I bought the slightly lower spec 43" Sony XF80 and can confirm that it uses Android TV interface which is pretty slick. The XF85 also uses Android TV OS. Far, far better than the older Sony Linux OS.

Analysis

Thanks guys.

I had a good look at a few today. I think its a toss up between:

- Sony XP85 (KD43XF85)
- LG 6950
- Samsung 7470

The Sony confuses me as it has crap reviews but to my uneducated eye when they were all side by side it looked far and away the best, but maybe this is just the John Lewis and Currys demo videos? I also hate the general Sony interface and question if its really worth £650 when the others are £200 cheaper.... but it does look better imo.

The LG and Samsung seemed pretty damm close. Not seen the Hisense yet, will try to find somewhere this week to have a look.

General Buying Tips

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom