• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 42" Plasma or LCD for SD

mickstereftb

Standard Member
Best 42" Plasma or LCD for SD.
I have a Hitachi at the mo, the 1080p model from Argos but it is rubbish for SD so can anyone recommend something in the £500/£700 range.
Thanks, Micky.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
No. But you'll only find one secondhand nowadays ~£200 - £400 depending on hours and installed boards. The trick is that they don't upscale SD to fit the panel as they are only 480p sets. But from normal viewing distances you'll never notice the pixel structure. It might fly in the face of everything you know to 'downgrade' to a TV with fewer pixels but as I said, read what members on here say about those sets, particularly with SD material.

HTH,
Mike.

-Ad-

Thumbs up for the panasonic tvs from me as well.

Check out the new PX80 retail screens or have a look at the PH10 professional screens, although I think they are out of budget [can't rememeber their prices].

PX80 42inch is available for under 700 from John Lewis if you get them to pricematch sound and vision in bolton. Great service and a first rate tv for the monies :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom