best 42" plasma for around £550

hermonhoop

Standard Member
Reaction score
need another 42"plasma to go on the wall in the living room..
i have a 2 year old samsung plasma and a sony lcd in their already.kids take up the other 2 tv's in the day with their game consoles...it will be used for sd mainly and the odd footy match in high def...any help gratefully appreciated:)

For the Money I agree with rewerb that the Panasonic is your best bet. Richer Sounds have it a fraction cheaper at £514.95 and do a 5 year warranty for £50 or so whilst you could probably get John Lewis to price match Richers and I seem to recall that their extended warranty is thrown in free.

I had a Panasonic 50" plasma TV for some years before I up-graded to a Pioneer 608D and as a former AV technician I am rather hard to please with picture quality.

PANASONIC TXP42X10 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Do be sure to audition your prospects though to make sure that it suits your own requirements and try to see if, during your Audition of the Competitors for your favor, you can adjust the picture settings away from the standard 'Show Room ' settings.

Don't forget that if you need to buy other AV Stuff you might be able to cut a 'package deal' .... it's always worth asking. :D

Arnold.

For the Money I agree with rewerb that the Panasonic is your best bet. Richer Sounds have it a fraction cheaper at £514.95 and do a 5 year warranty for £50 or so whilst you could probably get John Lewis to price match Richers and I seem to recall that their extended warranty is thrown in free.

I had a Panasonic 50" plasma TV for some years before I up-graded to a Pioneer 608D and as a former AV technician I am rather hard to please with picture quality.

PANASONIC TXP42X10 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Do be sure to audition your prospects though to make sure that it suits your own requirements and try to see if, during your Audition of the Competitors for your favor, you can adjust the picture settings away from the standard 'Show Room ' settings.

Don't forget that if you need to buy other AV Stuff you might be able to cut a 'package deal' .... it's always worth asking. :D

Arnold.

Richer Sounds have the 42" for £514.95 whilst JL have it at £599, although with a 5yr Gurantee.

What are the chances JL pricematching RS along with 5yr gurantee?

Richer Sounds have the 42" for £514.95 whilst JL have it at £599, although with a 5yr Gurantee.

What are the chances JL pricematching RS along with 5yr gurantee?

Yes they will. Just need an RS store with one on display.

Edit: check the John Lewis Pricematch forum. RS totally out of stock of 42X10. More coming in a couple of weeks.

I bought the PQ6000 primarily for normal tv viewing and I have to say it has a superb SD image quality :smashin:

Panasonic TX-P42X10 (£523) or
LG 42PQ6000 (£480 at Dixons)

think i will go for the a 50" plasma now,would you recommend these models for a 50incher for a spend of around £650

Sorry to hijack but are there any other cheaper 50" Sets about?

I'm looking to get one for my Dad and he will only be watching SD Sky TV so it seems a bit to much to spend £650+ on

Thanks in advance

Cheers mate

That LG one at £566 is bang on, ill have to get searching and see if i can get it cheaper ;)

Yes they will. Just need an RS store with one on display.

Edit: check the John Lewis Pricematch forum. RS totally out of stock of 42X10. More coming in a couple of weeks.

I guess I got lucky as I recieved a letter on wedensday from JL to say they will price match RS for the 42x10 :thumbsup:

Yep me too, TV ordered and should be arriving from JL next Friday.

My price match was with the Bristol store if that helps.

well i have gone for the lg 42pq6000 in the end from amazon,be with me before 1pm tomorrow...rapid delivery swung it for me.i hate waiting...be hanging it on the wall straight away....let you know my thoughts on it very soon...

thanks for your help guys:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom