• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 40 inch LCD TV for SD

gavins31

Standard Member
hello, I am new to the forum. There is clearly a lot of wisdom out there so hopefully you can share some of it.

I am looking to change TV which is a CRT over 10 years old! I have looked around the shops and get concerned when the continually want to show off HD quality. I do not watch many movies at present and from my perspective most of the highly rated TVs appear to be very good for HD transmission anyway.
I am therefore interested in your thoughts on the best LCD on the market for SD transmission through freeview however I will be purchasing freesat. I have been looking at the Sony TVs, W4500 or similar however the pictures stills appears blurry.

Thanks in advance

Veni Vidi Vici

Prominent Member
hello, I am new to the forum. There is clearly a lot of wisdom out there so hopefully you can share some of it.

I am looking to change TV which is a CRT over 10 years old! I have looked around the shops and get concerned when the continually want to show off HD quality. I do not watch many movies at present and from my perspective most of the highly rated TVs appear to be very good for HD transmission anyway.
I am therefore interested in your thoughts on the best LCD on the market for SD transmission through freeview however I will be purchasing freesat. I have been looking at the Sony TVs, W4500 or similar however the pictures stills appears blurry.

Thanks in advance

Welcome. I have the W4500, and in my opinion, it's a fantastic LCD. The SD picture quality excellent, much much better than it looked in-store. I changed from a Sony CRT and the LCD is far superior. I don't think you will go far wrong with one of these.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom