Best 40/42 inch LCD <£1500

JamesAV

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Reading these forums, I'm finding people praising their sets and also people unhappy with the same set.

I am looking to buy 40/42 inch LCD doesnt have to be 1080p, requirements being good HD performance and good SD performance (since vast majority of TV is in SD for now). Also would like good audio (keep reading that M86/M87 has poor audio.)

Been looking at the Sony D3000 - any other candidates?

Also - lots of sets in Currys/Comets are set up running HD demos via Blue ray/HD DVD, not really giving a true indication of SD performance. What are peoples experiences of getting the stores do full demos (ie SKY HD, Freeview)

The D3000 is a lot more cheaper than 1500&#163;!!!!As I see you want the combination so:A 1080p with 100Hz.In your budget will be Toshiba 42Z3030,Samsung LE-40F86,and Sony 40X3000 with a little push

and Sharp XL2E

Any info on when F86 is due out?

next month.already some taking pre-orders

Is a 40" full HD 100 Hz LCD worth the price tag? Which are the models to consider?

The 1080p 100Hz sets are
Samsung F86 series
Sony X3000/X3500 series
Toshiba Z3030 series
Sharp XL2 series

Hi,

Reading these forums, I'm finding people praising their sets and also people unhappy with the same set.

I am looking to buy 40/42 inch LCD doesnt have to be 1080p, requirements being good HD performance and good SD performance (since vast majority of TV is in SD for now). Also would like good audio (keep reading that M86/M87 has poor audio.)

Been looking at the Sony D3000 - any other candidates?

Also - lots of sets in Currys/Comets are set up running HD demos via Blue ray/HD DVD, not really giving a true indication of SD performance. What are peoples experiences of getting the stores do full demos (ie SKY HD, Freeview)
hi go 4 the 42pf9831d/10 it is a superb set in sd and fantastic in hd just seen planet earth in hd the underwater one, it is like u are there in your scuba kit u can get this set 4 £1400 I paid 3400 please remember u only get what u pay 4 phil

Well after viewing a number of LCD TVs attempts to display SD last night I am now turning my attention to Plasma!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom