Best 40" 3D TV for about £1000

Pankhania

Standard Member
Hi Guys!

Looking to buy a 40" 3D TV in a few months!....what to know whats the best spec and brand to go for within my budget.......

Can anyone help with reviews???

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member

Pankhania

Standard Member
Thats great.....but im looking for 40" LED or LCD 3D TV......

Not too sure whats out on the market as yet!

Pankhania

Standard Member
Ok......I always thoought LCD was a better option!......well in that case I will check out the one u told me!

Cheers!

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Do some reading on here if unsure about tech mate, theres great info on this site. Checkout the video section, theres a vid that compares the two techs, also read the reviews, Phil, Steve and Marc often mention there preference for plasma. Also read the stickys in the plasma section.

Many people think plasma is old tech when really LCD has been around longer and was originally designed for static image display, this is why they still have issues with motion. Plasmas are better for motion, deep uniform blacks without loss of detail(black crush), have wider usable contrast range, low lag for gaming and more natural pic, also tend to be better for SD.

LCD can go brighter(good for the shop floor), better for bright rooms due to the extra brightness and most still having a matt screen, you can use an LCD as a monitor with your PC, Look sharp though this is mainly down to how bright the image is.

I personally prefer plasma as I find LCD too bright and sharp(though this can be reduced) the image doesn't look natural to me(others disagree). I like the deep blacks, low lag and great motion of plasma, gaming is slick, bluray jaw dropping, HD great and SD looks good, for SD.

Just to add LED is the same as LCD, they just use LEDs as a back light, edge lit sets are best avoided IMO, full array local dimming LEDs can be rather nice, though expensive and IMHO still don't beat a top plasma.

Like I say have a look round the forum and checkout as many sets in the shop as you can, its worth doing. Oh and for the best advice and best plasma demos you want to go to ether a good local independent(inc Panasonic stores), Richers sounds and Sound and Vision.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom