Best 3D glasses + external emitter for Epson TW9000W

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BaltarWithSix, Sep 10, 2012.

1. BaltarWithSix

BaltarWithSix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a epson tw9000w. Im quite happy with it BUT there is quite a lot of crosstalk in 3D glasses. The best 3D effect is in the center screen but as I look to right or left with my eyes (keeping head straight at the center) there is more and more crosstalk. I was wondering is there a better 3D glasses + external emitter out yet?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,026
    Tbh don't think it will make any difference. I've got both the epson and panny glasses (for tw6000) and imo they are both the same. What 3D are you watching, I.e sky, 3d blu-ray, sbs mkv, etc?

3. BaltarWithSix

BaltarWithSix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am watching Half-SBS and Full-SBS .mkv HD movies from PC. To far the crosstalk was most visibile when watching Happy Feet 2. I did some testing like makeing 1080p.jpg image with black background and then I typed "test" (white text) on the right side of the image. Then I projected the image on the screen and swiched 3D mode on (side-by-side format).

I did see "test" word from the left eye alltough it was ment only for right eye only. Indeed the "test" word was quite dimm as the left glass tries to hide right-eye image but it was still there and the "test" word got brigter and brigter when i started to look it from the edges of the left eye active shutter glass. It seems like the glasses center works better than the edges of the glasses. This result more corsstalk in the edges of movie. I have to turn my head with the glasses not my eyes if I want to see better 3D effect on edge of the screen.

Im still hoping that better acive shuter 3D glasses will come out that are 100% crosstalk free :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,026
    I would say its you sbs files that are causing the cross talk. Have you not got a 3d blu-ray player and disc to try?

5. BaltarWithSix

BaltarWithSix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don´t see it that way. Because I tested with 1080p.jpg image like I described

6. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,026
    Plenty of threads/post to see that the espon pj's are not the best for 3D images. Having said that my tw6000 is nowhere near as bad as you would be lead to believe. Has stated above I've tried two types of glasses and they both gave the same results. With sbs files there is cross talk visible but only occasionally, with 3d blu-ray disc cross talk is a lot less evident. If you can try a blu-ray disc first before wasting money on more glasses.

7. BaltarWithSix

BaltarWithSix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont get it. How can 3D bluray be better than full-side-by-side. As I understand 3D bluray uses over-under 3D format. So when projector shows image that is "under" then the left eye shutter is open and right eye shutter is closed. Vise versa when showing image that is "over". How come this is so different from side-by-side format? Same thing. Active shutter glasses work always the same no matter what format. One shuter is closed when other one is opened.

I think the problem is that glasses are not synced correctly or to get more brighter image the shutters are staying open too long resulting crosstalk. I am willing to loose some brightness if I can get absent crosstalk.

Im not saying that the crosstalk is always there, the 3D is very good with this projector but I do have a good eye I notice crosstalk and I hope to over come this problem

8. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +685
    Sbs on sky is only a 1080i picture split in half and stretched to make a full screen image , blu ray 3d
    Is 2 1080p images one 1080p image for each eye

There is no image scaling done or processing so it's a sharper image and also has less crosstalk

I have found this to be true on my tv and projector

Unless your playing a full 100% sbs file via a pc then you will get a full 1080p to each eye

9. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,026
    Blu-ray 3D is not over/under. If you want cross talk free 3d I'm sorry to say you should have brought a different pj.

10. BaltarWithSix

BaltarWithSix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. I have movies in Full-SBS (3840x1080 pix). Crosstalk is still visible. And it would not matter anyway because I made 3840x1080 pix image file where left side is Black and right side is with black background with white text "TEST". When projecting the image to screen with 3D side-by-side mode on I can still see slightly the "TEST" text from the left eyeglass

Simple is that, its not the quality. Its the active shuter system that is out of sync or shutter stays open too long leting little bit of the right image in.

11. Ideal AV

Ideal AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,385
    have you tried some Xpand 104`s, these seem to work particulartly well with the Epson`s and using the software can be tailored to suit you the user

Allan @ Ideal AV

12. couto27

couto27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    if i understand, you are seeing ghosting in word text image?
    if yes, think i might no the cause.

sorry not english native here