1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best 37" under £2000

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    is there one with DVI, HDCP, Component + RGB PC analogue input. with 1300 x 700 type res and a guarenteed exellent picuture that can be used with my PC`s VGA socket to displat (with powerstrip) and hi res image. :confused:

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Look at the likes of JVC 37DS6, Sharp GA6 (in a few weeks) and Panny DX500 - pretty much the cream of the crop (obviously it's presumed the Sharp will be better than the outgoing GA5). Only the Sony with it's unknown specs as of yet, is a possible fly in the ointment. Their 37 might be under the £2K mark, but not sure.

3. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , Pjskel , Are You Certain That Sony Are Introducing A 37" In There New Range , As I Recently Narrowed My Choice Down The The Jvc 37ds6 And A Panasonic 37" 500 Range Plasma , And To Be Honest With You I Was Dissapointed With The Jvc Compared To The Plasma , But If Sony Are Definately Bringing A 37" I Will Wait And Audition That One Against The Panny.

4. Bolf

Bolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    LG rz37lz50

everything except component i think

5. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Have Prviously Bought 2 Lg (goldstar) Products In The Past And Neither Lasted Longer Than 18 Months , Ok They Weren't Tv's But I'll Never Trust Another Lg Product , And Definately Wouldn't Risk £2k On One Of Their Products.

6. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    toshiba 37" new model has 2xHDMI 1xcomponent and some SCARTs.

For me, thats the best connectivity I've seen. 2xHDMI is really handy, and I'd expect most of the next-next gen sets (i.e 2006) to have 2 HDMI - especially Sony with their PS3 coming out

7. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Whoops! Boo-boo!
    Sony jumps from 32 -42 in size. Brain mode off when I posted that. Sorry for the false hope.
    I'm surprised you weren't impressed with the JVC.But hey ho, what about Sharp 37" GA6 or GD7 (iDTV inc with the latter)?