Best 37" or 32" to pick

wellsyuk

Standard Member
Hi there,
My front room can 'just' about cope with a 37" TV I think (no more than that) - problem is I was looking at the Sony Bravia range but you can only get 32" or 40". I was thinking of going for the 32" Sony KDL-32S2530 to be safe, but ideally I would like to know the best possible 32" or perhaps other brand 37" to get the best for my money?
My budget is £1200

Any suggestions would be greatfully received, I'm dismayed that I can't go for 40" so want the next best option!

lord-dudester

Thanks, would you advise against the Sony Bravia range?
Any other ideas people?
i'd advise against the brav's

i had a s series 32 and had a few probs with it, i eventually replaced it with a toshiba 32wlt68 and its in another class.

the viewing angle ain't as good as the sony's but the performance in every other aspect is much better

wellsyuk

Standard Member
Really?
Does anyone know the best 37" currently out there?
So far I'm still leaning towards the 32" Sony Bravia KDL-32S2530 for some reason.
This is really kicking me in the teeth because its practically the same price as the 40" in the shop I have to buy it from..but I just can't fit a 40"..

johnny-17

I agree with rude-dog in that the Toshiba is a very good TV as I have one too.. The main problem however is that everyone on here will tell you that "this is better than that" and that "that is better than this" etc, etc. I use this forum to usually see which stuff has the LEAST complaints. Whilst not being foolproof, it generally gives me a good idea of what's hot or what's not. The real problem lies with the fact that all this advice is based on personal opinion, which can lead to some pretty conflicting information. It's best to try and find a retailer who will demonstrate how a particular set performs in a showroom. This may be hard to do but it's not impossible.
Most new sets are very good, it just depend how good you want it to be.
You also have to consider that a lot of people here know what they are talking about and can be perhaps a little more demanding than your average 'punter'. Try to demo as many as you can , then decide - Happy shopping.!!!:)

tonyten

Novice Member
Really?
Does anyone know the best 37" currently out there?
So far I'm still leaning towards the 32" Sony Bravia KDL-32S2530 for some reason.
This is really kicking me in the teeth because its practically the same price as the 40" in the shop I have to buy it from..but I just can't fit a 40"..
Have you considered the Sharp LC37XD1E? it's within your budget and it's also a 1080p set.

wellsyuk

Standard Member
Good advice thanks.
I want to use up my budget and get the best picture and sound available - I was under the impression that the Sony Bravia was leading in this field - according to the sales rep in the shop - but then of course they could just be after my commission..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom