• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

best 37 lcd make for around £1000,lg,toshiba,philips?

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
hi everyone please help me.i want a 37 inch lcd and i have been looking at the toshiba 37X3030D,the lg LG 37LF66,or the philips PHILIPS 37PFL7662D/05.i was thinking of the philips ambilight range but when i went into comet the display 7 inch had two dark bands running through the screen and the sales man said its needs reparing so it put me off.
in the shop out of the the lg picture looked sharp,but what is the sound like on a lg????currently i have a philips and toshiba crts in my house and they have both been good tvs.so although the picture looked better on the lg my loyalty is the tosh and philips.having never owned a lg set before i dont know how good they are ,even though the guy in the shop said its the best in the shop for the price.

i can get all of these sets online for £800 or less.please help as i am buying a tv this week.i will be using it for my elonex media center,ps3 or xbox(dont know what i am gonna get yet)and sky.mainly used for watching movies.

please pass on any comments regarding these sets.

cheers

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
The LG maybe should be taken out.There are better models than that(and the price is tooooo close to the better models!!!!).The toshiba is the best among all these.(the 42" version philips 7662 has not taken good reviews!!!).Also have a look at Samsung LE-40M87!!!!!

S

Sticky74

hi everyone please help me.i want a 37 inch lcd and i have been looking at the toshiba 37X3030D,the lg LG 37LF66,or the philips PHILIPS 37PFL7662D/05.i was thinking of the philips ambilight range but when i went into comet the display 7 inch had two dark bands running through the screen and the sales man said its needs reparing so it put me off.
in the shop out of the the lg picture looked sharp,but what is the sound like on a lg????currently i have a philips and toshiba crts in my house and they have both been good tvs.so although the picture looked better on the lg my loyalty is the tosh and philips.having never owned a lg set before i dont know how good they are ,even though the guy in the shop said its the best in the shop for the price.

i can get all of these sets online for £800 or less.please help as i am buying a tv this week.i will be using it for my elonex media center,ps3 or xbox(dont know what i am gonna get yet)and sky.mainly used for watching movies.

Hi - I am also looking for 37" TV for around £700 to use for freeview and DVD watching. I was in Richer Sounds the other day and they told me that LG make the technology for most other LCDs with the exception of Samsung - any truth in this rumour? The LG in the shop did look clear but it's all pretty mindboggling!
Thanks

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
thanks for the info so far,but i am after a 37 inch.i am on all the websites now and the philips has a lot better spec than the others.the tosh has least as far as contrast and brightness.

whats wrong with the lg by the way???it had a great pic in the shop.

ps yes i was told that lg make 75 percent of the screens for lcds

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom