• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 37 inch Tv & home cinem system???

E

eyes square

Hi Av experts,

I am in the process of changing my old Toshiba Tv with built in surround sound & am looking for advice on best 37 inch TV/ Home cinema system, sub £1k with stand/Tv/Cinema system!

I don't watch much DVD, mainly Sky movies etc, the Mrs won't let me go above 37 (I did try begging!!!).

Good quality picture & sound, plus reliability are main priorities as i will be keeping it a good while!
Two that seem to stand out are the................................

Panasonic plasma TH37PX70 & Panasonic SCPT350WEB sound system (will that give the Tv surround sound as well as the DVD??)

Or the LCD Sony KDL37P3020 which looks amazing value at only £499 via Argos, plus a Sony cinema sounds system, with wireless rears!

Any opinions on the above, or other suggestions/advice would be much appreciated. Also any links to best deals, can't find the PED version of the Panasonic below £649 delivered!!
Cheers folks

YellowSphere

The Panasonic 350 is probably their nicest system, what with the wireless rears and without the hideos overpowering of some of their other products. It has an optical input which you can connect to Sky to get surround sound from anything broadcast in surround.

I'd go with the PX70. Sony's higher end 40" are quite good once set up, but the P might as well stand for "pants".

K

kt123

I have the KDL37P3020 and I think its great. It practically tuned itself in and the picture quality has been great especially with the PS3.

E

eyes square

Thanks guys, only trouble is I have one for each model so still not sure which way to go....ho hum!!:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom