• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 37 inch LCD for up to £600

D

dwinger

Hi there

I'm looking to buy a 37inch LCD TV.

I will be predominantly watching Freeview for the time being but may possibly be getting Sky at some point and a blue ray player so am keen for full HD or HD ready.

Is it worth getting full HD or is HD ready satisfactory?

I realise that £600 is going to be the lower end of the market - I've seen the Samsung LE37B550 for £540 online - would this be a good buy?

I am keen for any help.

Thanks !

leeince

Distinguished Member
There would be no point getting a 1080p set if you are only get a 37", you will not notice the difference over 720p.

For your budget you could get a larger tv but panasonic plasmas seem to be people the peoples favourite at moment, other than a pioneer of cause but they are not cheap. Have a look on the richer sounds website and see what takes you fancy!

gazzer_67

There would be no point getting a 1080p set if you are only get a 37", you will not notice the difference over 720p.

Simply not true - I can see the difference watching bluray on a 32" 720p against a 32"1080p set.

The definition on the 32"1080p is sharper and i've tested it. Granted at 8ft-10ft (And if you have poor eyesight) you may not notice it,

So any half decent 37" will produce good 1080p result - yes a 40" or 42" will produce even better results - but it sure don't have to be a pany plasma!

ramdrive

Banned
37S10 LCD from amazon £645 :thumbsup:

I came from a plasma and would not go back, the HD in incredible, there is a noticeable difference between 720P and 1080P on a 37" :cool:

At the end of the day you need to audition any sets at your local AD!

Hi there

I'm looking to buy a 37inch LCD TV.

I will be predominantly watching Freeview for the time being but may possibly be getting Sky at some point and a blue ray player so am keen for full HD or HD ready.

Is it worth getting full HD or is HD ready satisfactory?

I realise that £600 is going to be the lower end of the market - I've seen the Samsung LE37B550 for £540 online - would this be a good buy?

I am keen for any help.

Thanks !

leeince

Distinguished Member
Simply not true - I can see the difference watching bluray on a 32" 720p against a 32"1080p set.

The definition on the 32"1080p is sharper and i've tested it. Granted at 8ft-10ft (And if you have poor eyesight) you may not notice it,

So any half decent 37" will produce good 1080p result - yes a 40" or 42" will produce even better results - but it sure don't have to be a pany plasma!

All I was saying is that panny plasmas seem very good and very popular, it dosent have to be one, no one said it did!!! And im sorry but theres no way you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" I dont even know why they produce 1080p 32" sets, theres been plenty of tests done (by experts) that prove this!! In fact if your search these boards you will see that other members back up my statement!!

So to the op, if your going to get a 37" dont worry about 1080p because you will NOT notice the difference you really need to be looking at a 42" and above and even then viewing distance needs to be right. IMO!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom