Best 37" either LCD or Plasma, for all round use??

olly100

Standard Member
Hello all,

Looking to invest in a new tele and been looking round for a while but still can't make my mind up. Unfortunatly i can only go upto 37" at the mo due to size of the front room. I have been looking at the 37PX80 quite a bit but can't decide if it is better than some of the LCD's out there. It will generally be used for watching Sky HD and plsying the PS3 but also have a Wii so would still like to keep a good picture for that. Any advice would be helpful as i am looking to buy within a few weeks! Cheers in advance for any help.

MickMclovin

Standard Member
Plasma is generally considered better for SD viewing but for gaming its LCD (arguably).
Is you do decide to go plasma then the X10 in the new version of the PX80 and it has some improvements and is also cheaper. RS do it for £530
If you go for an LCD then I would take a look at the Sony's or the samsung panels - not sure how Samsung is for input lag for gaming though. The new Panasonic S10 LCDs may also be worth a look, especially as Panasonic are just about the only company that dont use inferior panels on their 37" sets.

Good luck :)

Nielo TM

Novice Member
Hello all,

Looking to invest in a new tele and been looking round for a while but still can't make my mind up. Unfortunatly i can only go upto 37" at the mo due to size of the front room. I have been looking at the 37PX80 quite a bit but can't decide if it is better than some of the LCD's out there. It will generally be used for watching Sky HD and plsying the PS3 but also have a Wii so would still like to keep a good picture for that. Any advice would be helpful as i am looking to buy within a few weeks! Cheers in advance for any help.

If you're not too keen on blacks, I recommend the Panasonic (2009) 37" LCD range (primarily due to motion quality and low input-lag)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom