BEST 36" TV???

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by robby, Jun 24, 2001.

1. robby

robby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, all you tele. buffs out there. I'm just putting together my home entertainment system and wanted some advise on the best 36" tv out there. I heard the Sony36fsv70 is the best? any better?

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    Philips.

In spite of a perception that Philips are not well built, you will find a lot of quality problems being posted here about Sony, Panasonic, etc.

The 36" philips do get good reviews too for picture and sound quality.

And finally, they are generally cheaper too.

Buy one at John Lewis on a price match against the best price you can find, and get a 5 year guarantee too if you need piece of mind.

3. StaminaStan

StaminaStan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya - I'll put a cross next the Sony 36FS party, because I've got one and I think it's the best money I have ever spent. Not that I can compare it to any other TV, mind, other than the 28" widescreen Philips that I sent back to Radio Rentals to make way for the beast!

It's single annoying trait is the fact it only has one RGB scart, so I've had to buy a scart switcher box to connect the ONDig box and my dvd player so they look their best.

stan.

4. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    one advantage of the philips is connectivity

3 scarts - 2 RGB
    1 s-video
    1 composite
    audio out
    front and rear speakers out
    headphones

5. StaminaStan

StaminaStan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oi! loz : Outside..!

But seriously, I let the 1x RGB SCART *really* annoy me for two weeks or so before deciding its utterly fantastic picture makes up for the RGB conectivity problem (which, as I said is solvable with a splitter). Now my splitter is in place I'm a perfectly happy chap again, and honest, since getting the TV I'm spotting stuff in films (off an Arcam DV88) that I've never noticed before including, worse luck, what I'm positive is a potmarked face 'n slightly hairy lip(!) on that girl out of "the Matrix"... Another fantasy ruined!

Cheers,
    stan.