1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 36" screen TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Jon12345, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Jon12345

Jon12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking for a new TV and don't mind paying up to £2,500. What is considered the best 36" TV out there?

The Philips Pixel Plus seems to be rated highly but some threads here seem to say they are faulty.

Everything is piped through my SKY+ box if that makes any difference.

Please make your recommendations! Or, are there any new sets that are due to be launched that I should watch out for?

Thanks,

Jon

2. Hasse

Hasse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon, this info from a pressrelease from Philips seems promising:

"Ann Arbor, Mi., January 09, 2003 - LG.Philips Displays introduces a new generation of Cybertube+ High Definition, Slim, and Wide Screen Real Flat CRTs (cathode ray tubes) that provide TV set manufacturers with fast and cost efficient design-in benefits, without sacrificing high-level picture performance.

The 36” Wide Screen Real Flat High Definition CRT utilizes LG.Philips Displays newest high frequency rectangular deflection unit, and a high resolution electron gun to dramatically increase the number of TV scanning lines. This results in a screen resolution that offers the highest number of visible pixels ever displayed by a television tube, meeting the standards of High Definition, and creating pictures that are lifelike and as vivid as real images"

Earlier info from Philips indicate Q3 2003 as a streetdate.

3. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jon,

I would suggest you buy yourself the March Issue of What Video and turn straight to pages 56 & 57. You can not usually rely on reviews to make a decision but in my opinion this one is quite accurate:smoke: .

Bam

4. Jon12345

Jon12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bam, care to elaborate which tv it recommends?