1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 32" Widescreen TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by midknight1, Jun 19, 2001.

1. midknight1

midknight1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok after alot of soul searching I have final decided to go for 32" widescreen Tv with a separate AV amp... So the TV must have excellent picture quality and hopefully let the separate av amp do the sound with decent surround speakers i've £1200 to budget for this any suggestions....

2. midknight1

midknight1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i forgot to mention I already have a wharfdale DVD and sky digi box (amstrad dx200)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    alright mate - see my thread further down the page - 'do I need dolby digital?'
    I was in the same boat. After much deliberation I got:

Toshiba 32Z17B 32" flatscreen widescreen - £764.96
    unbeatable.co.uk
    Sony SDRBD940 Dolby Digital & DTS Amp/Decoder (with am/fm reciever) - £349 Richer Sounds
    Videologic DD speaker system (got with DVD player)

admittedly, the speakers are not of the quality of the amp, but are easily upgradable as and when money allows. Still, this will sound better than ANY dolby digital TV. A TV is a visual aid, so visuals are the main principle when it comes to being designed. Sound comes a distant second. The TV may have Dolby Digital, but the quality of the dilby digital will be poor.
    Also, the amp that I have, I can plug in my:
    MD, DVD, video, digibox, midi hifi, any console - no prolem. It has about 40,000 inputs!!! Digital and analogue. It turns a basic stereo signal into something amazing with it's various types of digital, pro-logic and virtual surround modes.
    The remote that comes with it is amazing - it controls EVERYTHING in my living room. You name it, it controls it - DVD, vid, TV, amp, midi etc.
    I was recommended this amp off someone on these boards, and now I recommend it to you.

4. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'll voice my praise for the Sony DB940. I own one and it's a fantastic piece of kit. The first DVD I tried out on it was Gladiator. Wow!!