Best 32" Widescreen for £1500?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gavintennant, Mar 31, 2002.

1. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm looking at buying a new 32" tv. Until yesterday I was going to buy the Sony KV32FQ75 but after reading all your posts I'm not so sure. I've read all the magazine reviews for various TV's and searched on here for conflicting stories but I still can't decide which would be best for me.
    I've got a budget of £1500, not too bothered about sound or digital as I'll eventually get a proper home cinema setup and I already have Sky. As long as the picture is really good, 100Hz preferably. Is there any new sets coming out over the next couple months that might be worth waiting for and is the problems on the Sony really that obvious? Under what conditions would you see the scrolly bars?

Does anyone have any advice for me or direct me to another thread? I have looked already but may have missed something. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Gavin

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for £1500 buy the 36" Toshiba. already has Dolby Digital Built in,

and at aa Later date if your not happy with the onboeard sound get seperates.

would,nt Like to think I was going to pay £1500 for a 32" TV

Search round you will find a couple of the 36" models for around your price range

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    You could but a Tosh 40" RP for around £1500.

10" (yes 10", not 8!) bigger than a 32" with built in dolby digital (model 40WH08B)

4. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never thought of a RP model... Didn't actually realise they were so cheap (relatively of course). Have to have a look into them I think! Thanks

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Costco have the Toshiba 40pw13 40' widescreen rear projection TV for just £1056.33 inclusive of vat.Though strangely it's not available at all branches.Give your local branch a visit as they have other Toshiba w/s rp's available within your price bracket and they are about £400> cheaper then Currys :D .

6. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i first started looking at widescreen tvs i wouldnt have thought i would ever spend that much on one either....Well im going to be paying something like that for my next set!!

It seems to me that the very best 32inch TVs with little or no problems retail for more than 1500 (aconda and sony nx/dx100). Ive tried other sets and havent been happy so it looks like the expensive aconda or the digital sonys are gonna get a chance.

Whilst £1500 is alot of cash for a 32incher i couldnt fit and wouldnt want a RP set in my bedroom, i just want the very best picture on a 32inch set with little or no annoying hidden features.

i guess its a matter of what you want.

7. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats really what I want, RP's are quite big boxes and that size of screen is just too big for my house at the minute.
    Like you, I want to spend that much money so I can get a good quality picture and TV although I didn't want to spend more than £1500, looks like I may have to or suffer the consequences and that reduction in the quality.
    Going back to the Sonys, I asked the (surprisingly helpful) peon in Currys to hook up a DVD player to that KV32FQ75 and I really couldn't see these scrolling bars??! I'm crap at decision... I think I'll just stick to my 4:3 20" Goodmans that I bought 3 years ago..... :rolleyes:

8. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Loewe Vitros, exactly the same inside as the Aconda, different box, I happen to prefer the looks of mine.

Connected via component video to a DVd you get the best image possible on a TV, and you get lots of nice features, like the variable size PIP...

9. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gavintennant,

If you dont go with Lowriders suggestion of the Loewe Vitros you could try looking at the sony dx100. It can be had for approx £1449 at many places. It looks the bussiness has a digital tuner, and thus far no scrolling bar issue.