1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 32" W/S TV for £1500....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jonnyv, Apr 26, 2002.

1. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Looking for the best W/S TV for around £1000 to £1500.

Just cancelled my order for a sony kv-32fx65 due to not delivering it when they said they would, and going in to the shop to pick it up to find it assembled without the box in the shop. Oh and a couple of scratches on the top ! Not what i expect for £1275 !

Richersounds have the kv32fx66 on there website, i believe thats got 2xrgb scarts...Any reports on this Unit ?

Progressive scan would be nice too...

cheers

2. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    What about a Loewe 32 inch Vitros - should be able to pick one up for 1400 or less, I've been very pleased with mine.

Mark.

3. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How about the Loewe Aconda 9281, its excellent! :) :D
    Try Empire Direct, Robert Whyte (at your own risk!) or get Audio-T to do a price match.

4. garylloyd

garylloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yep a Loewe is the way to go.
    Gary

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its got to be either the philips 32pw9617(pixel plus) or the aconda 9281zw/9381zw.On the 32pw9617 and the aconda 9281zw prices will range from £1400 to £1600 depending on who you buy from. Company in Bolton though quoted £1299 on the philips and £1299 on the 9281 (without glass stand).For my money its got to be the Aconda.

P.S company was Sound and Vision:eek:

6. Pete Callan

Pete Callan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buckster

I am on the point of buying a Vitros and would like to know where can you get one for £1400?

I know Sound & Vision are doing it for £1450 plus P+P taking it up to about £1500 but I'm not sure if HOF will price-match from there as I don't think their net prices are the same as their shop prices (although I would love to be proved wrong in this regard).

Ah, I've just thought, are you talking about Empiredirect? If you are, they are definitely a web only outfit and I don't think the major retailers will price-match against them.

What I really want is a Vitros from a well known store like JL or HOF in case there's anything wrong with it, also they offer a 5 year warranty - I will not be buying over the net or by telephone to Bolton, Glasgow, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

(jonnyv, although I haven't actually bought anything yet, I would say that having done little else but read up about tv's in the last week, I agree with the above people recommending the Loewe range.)

7. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Pete,

I'm not sure if they still do it, but I got House of Fraser (Lakeside Branch) to internet price match empiredirect.co.uk. I think I paid exactly 1400 including delivery, (this was at the end of November last year). They wouldn't include the standard 5 year guarantee due to the price-match, but all the Loewes have as standard two years anyway now, so thats perhaps not such an issue. The pricematching experience was nice and easy, I told them the price, they used one of their PCs connected to the internet to look it up, and then agreed to match it.

Mark.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a lot from them in the past few weeks and they dont charge for delivery,phone them again and im quite sure they will do something for you if you tell them what you have been offered.:eek:

9. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Best price I've seen on a Vitros is £1350+30 Del from TV & Video Direct (01204 395999).
    John Lewis and House of Fraser will both match this, with JL also offering a 5 year warranty.

Regards Kev

10. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I agree with Jorgie, on balance the best 32" at the moment is the Loewe Aconda 9381ZW (2500 Chassis). Or Vitros.
    How long to wait for Loewe Pixel Plus?