1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST 32" NORMAL TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by wrighty76, Sep 18, 2005.

1. wrighty76

wrighty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a decent 32" television (not LCD or plasma)? I hope to get about £450-£500 for my current tv so that is my budget for a replacement set. Ideally, the replacement should have 2-4 scart sockets but that's my only real requirement.

[removed by moderator.If you wish to offer an item for sale please use the classified forum]

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    SOny DX32DX50??

3. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you want.

Price or Quality.

For an extra hundred or so you could get a TV with progressive scan and component inputs, like the Toshiba 32ZP48 (with surround speakers) or the Panasonic 32 PD30 (I think it's called that, not sure).

The Sony's are good TVs, but expensive for their features.

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you specifically need those connection options I'd also recommend the Sony on the grounds of great, natural looking pictures (both from DTV signal and RGB input) and ease of use.

Whatever you choose go for, audition it yourself first. Lots of TVs look great on paper, (especially when it comes to picture 'enhancement' technology), and some even get good reviews but a significant number of people find that these technologies actually make the picture look worse than it does on cheaper models.

5. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    As usual, you will get many differing opinions on this one. Personally, I always stick to Sony as I have always had great sets in the past from Sony - indeed I have a 32" CRT KV32CS70 bought last year which (to my eyes) has a fantastic picure.

Your best bet is to try and stick to manufacturers like Sony/Panasonic/JVC and go and check out some sets in an electrical store and see what you prefer. As I say, for me, it would be Sony (I've had experience of others and I always prefer Sony) - but as I say, for my "Sony" recommedation there will be others saying Sony is rubbish and go for something else....blah blah blah ... so as I say, stick to well respected manufacterers and try and actually take a look a various sets in action

Paul

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    KD32DX50

Sorry!

As on another thread Sony do CRT TVs and video cameras well

7. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I'm not to sure what's special about the KD32DX50 but I do generally agree that Sony make excellent TV's which is in part down to the excellent Trinitron tube and Wega engine but having just bought a Panny TX-32PD50 which has replaced a Sony KV-28FX60U and after playing around with it's service and user settings it now looks remarkably similiar to the Sony! I have to say tho' that the Panny has the edge in several areas.

8. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well it is quite cheap and has a Wega tube

Also it will not be around much longer as Sony are dropping CRTs