Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best 32" LCD for this setup?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Snash, Sep 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Snash

Snash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I've been browsing these forums for a while now and have to say I have learnt so much about LCD TVs from it :) However, it's also got me hovering over various models when I thought I'd had it down to one.

I intend feeding the TV with freeview via my HTPC but would want a freeview built in to the TV as well in case of emergencies. I won't be hooking up consoles or anything but would want as near as possible to 1:1 pixel mapping via a dedicated PC input rather than via DVI/HDMI. HD ready is also a requirement as are the normal SCART connections.

My thoughts were the Samsung until Robert Whyte Ltd said they're not going to offer their 5 year waaranty on them anymore.

Now I'm thinking the Toshiba 32WL56 or maybe the Sony KDL-S. Thing is, everytime I look at threads about any of these there always seems to be some kind of problem! I don't watch a huge amount of stuff from DVD, mostly freeview and normal five channels but I do use the HTPC a lot.

What's best?

2. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Hi Snash - the 32WL56 does not have freeview built in (buthte 32WL58 does)
    I can confirm I can use near enough full res (1368x768) on the 32WL56 via the VGA input and it looks great.

3. Snash

Snash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi HSC - thanks for that. I'm concerned about the Samsung with Robert Whyte saying they won't offer the five year warranty so am swaying towards this or the Sony but some are saying the Sony S isn't nearly as good as the V and I can't afford the V so it looks like the Toshiba is out in front at the moment.