Best 32" LCD for £500

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by kalel vs zod, Apr 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kalel vs zod

kalel vs zod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just need a bit of advice here. I have been trawling the forums and the web trying to work out which 32" LCD to buy. I have narrowed it down a bit but all the TV's have issues of some sort. Would be grateful for opinions on the following sets;

Samsung LE32R74BD - This seems to be a good TV but the panel lottery thing is really putting me off.

Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000 - Could only find reviews of the KDL-32V2000

Philips 32PFL5522D

Panasonic TX-32LXD60 - This seems to have very good reviews, there is also the Panasonic TX-32LXD600 which is very confusing

Samsung LE32T51BX - This is £489.99 at argos but I read it suffers from tearing via VGA

I was previously looking at the Hanspree XV32 or the Mirai 32" but decided to get a better quality TV. Is there much difference in quality?

Any advice, links to reviews, links to cheap prices or even recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. chrissyman

chrissyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    well i have just got a bravia 32' S2030 and am very relieved to be honest,
    as my old wega 32 just died and i was not expecting the bravia to stack up too well, but after a bit of tweaking with the settings i now have an excellent picture but it is dependant on the quality of signal/bit rate etc.

the price was £599 from play.com delivered, but i do like the panny and the phillips you will have to make a choice it may come down to price but the phillips does have 2 hdmi's if that matters.

stick to your budget i would not spend more than 600.

one other thing the ps2 looks great on the bravia using the s video feed.

3. 123381

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the philips

My budget was tight so i got mine from John Lewis great price free delivery and a free 5 year warranty. have you seen how much comet dixons currys want from you?

Get a panasonic emr25 and connect the 2 with a decent qualilty ixos hdmi to hdmi cable and the picture and sound will blow your socks off

I got my panasonic recorder from ebay brand new for £115 make me an offer it has freeview and multi region(saves having a dvd player then a dvd recorder)

What ever you choose get a on site warranty?

Puddy
    ps the philips looks good it has small frame in black glass buttons hidden on the side

4. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Mirai is a quality set and now, its below £360 with free three year swap-out (manufacturer's) warranty

If you want something better then all of the above, go for the Panasonic XD600

5. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    I wouldn't go for that Sony you listed, its a very BUDGET model.
    That Pansonic looks good though :)