Best 32 inch TV on a £400 budget

cvarley100

Standard Member
What LED TV would you advise buying on a budget of around £400?

Can stretch it a tad further if absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

VEGACORTEZ

Depends what you will be using it for, gaming, movies, need 3D? Sony W653 / W654 (no 3D) are excellent, Samsung F5000 (no 3D) is highly rated and all under budget. They have great black levels, colours etc. You can find reviews of these series on *. If you need 3D then samsungs lower end 6 series are the ones to check out but I doubt you want 3D on such a small tv. Personally the Sony W653 or W654 would be my choice as I have been unhappy with past cheap samsungs I have owned, they have hidden issues that I did not know about like using pulse wave modulation to control the backlight resulting in triple images when panning and undefeatable backlight dimming in the games mode. I own the 42" Sony W653 for gaming myself and it works exactly as I expected it to. That is not to say that the Samsung F5000 is not ok and does not have issues I have just become wary of Samsung myself. Hope this helps.
Regards

cvarley100

Standard Member
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I have no real interest in 3D. I've been looking into the Sony W653. I noticed it's an older model but I guess that doesn't matter all that much.

I saw your post in my other thread where I asked about the Panasonic TX-L32E6B. Having looked at quite a few review websites - they all seem really positive about it. A lot of 4.5/5s and 9-10/10s. Would you definitely say the Sony is a better choice?

VEGACORTEZ

The sony W653 is this years model so it is not old at all so no worrys there. The sony uses a VA panel and has very good black levels whereas the Panny E6B at the 32" size for some reason uses an IPS panel so it's black levels are really poor and get even worse off axis unless you have tons of sunlight flooding in. The sony also has superior input lag if you happen to be a gamer. As they both have accurate greyscale, colours and gamma and excellent scaling, the fact the sony wins on some important features makes it the one to buy plus it does have a motion enhancer that actually removes blur which the panny does not but it's mainly of use to gamers (it causes too much flicker on blu-ray) in dimly lit rooms though. So unless your room is extremely sunny to help with the pannys black levels and is selling for a lot less than the sony there is no reason to choose it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom