Best 32 inch TV for bedroom?

jefroxTV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Cant seem to find the Samsung Q50R in UK which is 4K.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​
Any recommendation for a 32"(4k preferrably, 1080p also welcome) Will be mainly use for movies and gaming (60hz will be fine)
I have a limited space of 32inches, if there is any 40 inches TV that has a width of 32 will be good aswell.
Will spend up to 500 quid

Thank you in advance.

can only seem to see these

there don't seem much stock but looks these are in stock.
in fact the 40 inch again not in stock. but may find else where very bad time to try buy a tv.

not sure if they have stock

can only seem to see these

there don't seem much stock but looks these are in stock.
in fact the 40 inch again not in stock. but may find else where very bad time to try buy a tv.

not sure if they have stock

Thank you. i think the 40" Sony wont fit as I have a limited space, can maybe only fit up to 32inches lengthwise.

There’s a 1080p Samsung as well.
I went for the LG LM6300 recently for bedroom as I wanted Smart functionality. Chose the LG over the Samsung as many reviews suggested the Samsung can drop off the wifi.
The Sony’s seemed to be older models with less good Smart systems at a premium price

Make sure that you measure the dimensions of a proposed TV by the width and height measurements including the stand/feet. Don't be tempted to measure by diagonal.

Most good TVs come at a min of 48/49" now. Smaller than that and its probably just worth buying as cheap as you can, since nothing will ever be more than bottom end spec.

There’s a 1080p Samsung as well.
I went for the LG LM6300 recently for bedroom as I wanted Smart functionality. Chose the LG over the Samsung as many reviews suggested the Samsung can drop off the wifi.
The Sony’s seemed to be older models with less good Smart systems at a premium price

I am looking into that LG. Only wanted the samsung coz it seems thats the only 4k tv on 32”

Make sure that you measure the dimensions of a proposed TV by the width and height measurements including the stand/feet. Don't be tempted to measure by diagonal.

Most good TVs come at a min of 48/49" now. Smaller than that and its probably just worth buying as cheap as you can, since nothing will ever be more than bottom end spec.
Yeah. Ive done that, can only fit maximum of 34” lengthwise, most 40” TV Ive seen has a measurement of bigger than 35”

I am looking into that LG. Only wanted the samsung coz it seems thats the only 4k tv on 32”
Well yes, but if it’s not available in UK it’s not an option

I would also consider this model Philips 32PFS6805

I have bought a both the LG and Phillips as gifts in the last 18 month. I obviously took them out to check they were working and thought that the Philips had slightly better image quality. Smart apps were not as good but a streaming stick can fix that.

I'm in the exact same boat as you and I wanted to buy the Q50R but it's not available in Ireland also. It seems to be a model only exclusive to the US. Right now I've my eyes on these

The Frame seems to be the best option to go with. I might pick it up myself if I don't see any other options later on this month.

I'm in the exact same boat as you and I wanted to buy the Q50R but it's not available in Ireland also. It seems to be a model only exclusive to the US. Right now I've my eyes on these

The Frame seems to be the best option to go with. I might pick it up myself if I don't see any other options later on this month.

One thing that put me off that Samsung is that it doesn't have Freeview Play (I think it has Samsung's version instead) and I've also read that their OS and/or EPG contains adverts which is a deal-breaker for me, if true. One other minor point is that it doesn't have Bluetooth or a headphone socket, so optical out is the only option for external sound (Bluetooth would be handy for me as I also have an Amazon Echo speaker in the kitchen)

Their 32" 'Frame' TV is an interesting prospect, but I'm not sure I can justify spending £400 on a 32" kitchen TV !

It looks like a German variant of the Q50R is shippable to the UK via Amazon or directly through a reputable retailer called Sotel Electronics. It's very pricey though and they only have a couple left. Really tempted, can't find anything else suitable apart from monitors and most of those are 1440p.

What do you guys think? The only thing that puts me off is the relative lack of reviews for this specific model. Although the reviews there are, on Amazon at least, are very very positive.

Amazon product ASIN B07YWRN8MH

£762 for a 32" TV ? Are you serious ? :eek:

According to the TV resolution vs viewing distance charts, you'd need to be sat between 2 and 4 feet away from a 32" TV to get the benefit of 4K - will you be sat that close ?

It's for the bedroom, so yes.

Agree regarding the cost, but there's very limited options unfortunately.

One thing that put me off that Samsung is that it doesn't have Freeview Play (I think it has Samsung's version instead) and I've also read that their OS and/or EPG contains adverts which is a deal-breaker for me, if true. One other minor point is that it doesn't have Bluetooth or a headphone socket, so optical out is the only option for external sound (Bluetooth would be handy for me as I also have an Amazon Echo speaker in the kitchen)

Their 32" 'Frame' TV is an interesting prospect, but I'm not sure I can justify spending £400 on a 32" kitchen TV !
I've checked over the internet about Samsung TV's containing ads and found that these could be blocked. If you could find a better TV that has the Bluetooth settings you require that would be good in your situation. Personally this wouldn't be an issue for me, and I'm still considering if I should buy this model or not. I don't necessarily need Freeview in Ireland and Netflix, YouTube and Prime Video are good enough for me. Catch Up TV also isn't as bad too.

I agree with you on the Frame TV, it's unnecessarily expensive.

most small TVs are pretty much the same (below 48” anyway), so no real difference between them in terms of picture quality. Operating system will be a bit different but can always buy a Amazon fire stick thing. @Dodgexander guide will help to filter to the best options.

I bought a small cheap Hisense for a friend, he loves it and great value too. You could buy two Hisense TVs for the £762 quoted above!!! Or even a decent 55”!

Its your money at the end of the day but I think you could spend like £300/£400 and easily get a decent 32” tv: Q50 is abad value tv.

most small TVs are pretty much the same (below 48” anyway), so no real difference between them in terms of picture quality. Operating system will be a bit different but can always buy a Amazon fire stick thing. @Dodgexander guide will help to filter to the best options.

I bought a small cheap Hisense for a friend, he loves it and great value too. You could buy two Hisense TVs for the £762 quoted above!!! Or even a decent 55”!

Its your money at the end of the day but I think you could spend like £300/£400 and easily get a decent 32” tv: Q50 is abad value tv.
I see what you're saying. I found a great valued Hisense TV but I doubt it'd fit my room so i'll buy one of the 32 inch's when I've made up my mind.

There's just no way to determine which 32" is better than another. Even the Q50R is a stinker of the TV, especially given the cost. They are all low end models.

Agreed with it being expensive and does not justify the price in europe. I just thought there will be an alternative. I might just buy a 1080p 32” since i have a very limited space, or get a monitor that will fit. Since i will be mainly using it for apple tv/netflix/ps5.
Does 4k and 1080p on a 32” tv make a difference? Currently using a 720p Samsung tv.

thank you all for the time

Attachments

• E4750F6E-0D50-44FE-8592-B39D37DD68AC.jpeg
    E4750F6E-0D50-44FE-8592-B39D37DD68AC.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 61
Agreed with it being expensive and does not justify the price in europe. I just thought there will be an alternative. I might just buy a 1080p 32” since i have a very limited space, or get a monitor that will fit. Since i will be mainly using it for apple tv/netflix/ps5.
Does 4k and 1080p on a 32” tv make a difference? Currently using a 720p Samsung tv.

thank you all for the time
Been doing a lot of thinking and I might just get a monitor and a fire stick from Amazon to fit my needs. Here's a monitor I've seen that would fit the purpose, and it has 4k If you're interested.

BenQ EW3270U or the Dell S2721QS

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I might just buy a 1080p 32” since i have a very limited space, or get a monitor that will fit. Since i will be mainly using it for apple tv/netflix/ps5.

According to most TV viewing distance guides (eg. the one on AV Forums), you need to be sat a few feet away to benefit from 4K on a 32" screen, so effectively sat in front of it like you would be sat at a desk using a PC monitor. If you're viewing from further away (especially from across the room), then you won't see much difference between 4K and 1080p. In fact - once you get beyond 6-7ft, it's actually debatable whether you'd see much difference between 1080p and 720p ! I think I'd want a minimum of 1080p for a PS5 though personally, regardless of the distance.

A PC monitor could be a good solution (particularly if you're a PS5 gamer as they'll often have a much lower input lag than a TV and you'll benefit fully from the 4K), but make sure you have the sound catered for elsewhere as monitors won't usually have speakers. For a Fire TV Stick, you'd need that connected to an external system via Bluetooth, I suspect. A monitor may also have less HDMI inputs than a TV.

I had the same problem with my In-Laws. Ended up going for the 32” LG LM6300PLA as it has a good GUI, they have an LG 4K as their main tv and you can add the magic remote to the small one as well.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my In-Laws. Ended up going for the 32” LG LM6300PLA as it has a good GUI, they have an LG 4K as their main tv and you can add the magic remote to the small one as well.

Can I ask how you managed to get on with the WiFi connectivity? Some reports say its quite poor and apps like Netflix crash frequently.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom