• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 32" HD Ready TV With Freeview

killabyte

Established Member
hi, i know this question has been asked many times but i want to know which is the best 32" TV i can get for £500

i will be using the TV mostly for Gaming, watching tv/dvds

i need the TV to had built in Freeview, HD Ready

i was looking at a 32" samsung as i have heard many good review on samsung TVs as their picture quailty is excellent.....but i want a TV that will last me years

so can anyone help??

leicesterlad

Established Member
Theres a part of the forums dedicated to lcd/plasma/rear projection hdtv's.
Thats probably your best port of call:smashin:

Alot of people do seem to rate the Samsungs for gaming.
I've just bought a 42" Samsung plasma after a lengthy read of the forums to see what people are saying.
You can do too much reading though and sometimes you have to just go with your prefered TV's.
Go into a store that sells a TV you like and ask for a demo of it with your own choice of DVD, ask them to show you the HD quality etc.
Don't go by the quality of the normal TV standard def picture instore as they are often feeding loads of tv's with one source.

When you see a few TV's like the one you linked to, get the model number and enter it into the search option in the lcd forum and you'll get loads of people rating it in the areas you require....then you'll get sidetracked with other model numbers people reccomend over that TV.

Then it's a case of searching the web for the best price ie for the one you want:
http://www.kelkoo.be-direct.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAM-LE32R87BDX

But also get some feedback on the retailer you're buying from so you know you'll have piece of mind if anything goes wrong.

Then enjoy you're TV!!

Sorry to go on but like you said yourself, you want a TV that will last for years

By the way, to answer your direct question, that does seem a great TV for what your after for a good price.

enablerbro1

Prominent Member
I have a Sammy 32" and very nice it is too, about a year old now and the only reason I could see for upgrading it would be for something larger but there isn't the room where I currently have it. Should be good for the next few years.

killabyte

Established Member
Theres a part of the forums dedicated to lcd/plasma/rear projection hdtv's.
Thats probably your best port of call:smashin:

Alot of people do seem to rate the Samsungs for gaming.
I've just bought a 42" Samsung plasma after a lengthy read of the forums to see what people are saying.
You can do too much reading though and sometimes you have to just go with your prefered TV's.
Go into a store that sells a TV you like and ask for a demo of it with your own choice of DVD, ask them to show you the HD quality etc.
Don't go by the quality of the normal TV standard def picture instore as they are often feeding loads of tv's with one source.

When you see a few TV's like the one you linked to, get the model number and enter it into the search option in the lcd forum and you'll get loads of people rating it in the areas you require....then you'll get sidetracked with other model numbers people reccomend over that TV.

Then it's a case of searching the web for the best price ie for the one you want:
http://www.kelkoo.be-direct.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAM-LE32R87BDX

But also get some feedback on the retailer you're buying from so you know you'll have piece of mind if anything goes wrong.

Then enjoy you're TV!!

Sorry to go on but like you said yourself, you want a TV that will last for years

By the way, to answer your direct question, that does seem a great TV for what your after for a good price.

thanks for the reply back mate, u helped a lot

killabyte

Established Member
right, its a battle between 'Samsung LE32R87BD' or 'Panasonic TX32LXD70', i can find the samsung in my price range but the Panasonic has had better reviews (but is slightly out of my budget), can anyone who has had both or has one of these, tell me are they good, is it worth the money?, is the quality of the pic good for TV and gaming? also is it good for watching standard dvds? please please help me as its my first switch from CRT to LCD HD ready so i want the best TV for my price

thank you

killabyte

Established Member
i went to comet and had a look at the 3 TVs i want, which were:

Samsung LE32M87BDX
Panasonic TX32LXD70
Samsung LE32R87BD

checked the demos and i really like the 'Samsung LE32M87BDX' out of the 3, so can someone tell me the cheapest place i can get a Samsung LE32M87BDX

please help i need the TV before Wednesday 22nd August

SmAShY

Prominent Member
I have a 32LXD70 and it is an awsome TV. The LXD700 recently won What Hi-Fi's ultimate test or something. The LXD70 has the same PQ as the LXD700, but has pooer sound.

Alex

killabyte

Established Member
I have a 32LXD70 and it is an awsome TV. The LXD700 recently won What Hi-Fi's ultimate test or something. The LXD70 has the same PQ as the LXD700, but has pooer sound.

Alex

please dont make me switch my mind, i have switched from tv to tv over like a thousand times, i am sticking to the Samsung LE32M87BDX

anyone know the cheapest place to get one from?

also thats the deal with the John Lewis Price match thing

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest you check out the LCD forums on this site for some more info. I've recently bought an LCD and having spent a great deal of time reading threads there has been invaluable.

Before you buy the M87 i'd just check whether the latest firmware has fixed the freeview judder some people were noticing. Whichever way, every set has pros and cons and a percentage of all of them will have some flaw. Just don't be put off by some of the scare stories of things that might go wrong as the vast majority of people are perfectly happy with their purchases.

They also have an entire thread dedicated to John Lewis pricematches.

I myself went with a JL pricematch as you get a free 5 year guarantee and their customer service is second to none.

Von Smittle

Prominent Member
I can recommend the Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000, an amazing set and can be had for a cheap price on the internet. :smashin:

killabyte

Established Member
right am gonna buy the Samsung LE32M86BDX with a DVD recorder for bout £575, will john lewis still price match if i had used discount codes for the tv?

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
right am gonna buy the Samsung LE32M86BDX with a DVD recorder for bout £575, will john lewis still price match if i had used discount codes for the tv?

I doubt it. They also don't (to my knowledge) price match packages of TVs plus extras such as DVD recorders. Have you checked the price match thread in the LCD forum yet as you can just search for the best PM someone else has managed to get.

enablerbro1

Prominent Member
JL only PM retailers with shops, I don't think they PM retailers who only sell online. Don't know about the discount code thing, might be best to ask on the LCD forum.

ficko

Established Member

general opinion is that the best 32" lcd's are ....

Panny lxd70/700 (700 has better sound, pip and additional hdmi)

sony 32d3000

the latest philips is right up there as well but hasn't had many reviews as yet.

what hi-fi tested all three and the 700 came out top with the philips a close second.

i've got the 700 and its wicked. great pic with v+ hd and with xbox 360 via both vga and component.

they've all got there relevant threads in the lcd forum.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom