Best 32" Full HD LCD TV for ~ £300 - £400? Advice please

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Major_Disaster, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Id really appreciate some help. Ive been tasked with getting a TV for a bunch of students for our first flat next year. Im looking at 32" and would really like to be full HD 1080p, because the living room isnt massive and so we will be sitting quite close to the screen.

The TV will be used for Sky+ (not HD) and probably some light PS3 / BlueRay.

Ive had a look around, but am not too sure on what is respected. Ive seen a Samsung LE32B530 for £390 and a LG 32LH3000 for £400. Any good?

Id prefer to stay more on the £300 side of things, but hope that prices will drop a tiny bit by the time i buy (probably August / September) so am prepared to look higher at the moment and watch (/hope) for the prices to drop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas?

Cheers

3. S Bibby

S Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Hi, I think £300 is a bit optimistic for an LCD unless discounted but the LG you mentioned isn't bad from what I've seen - maybe have a look at the new LH4000 (100hz/24p for Blu Ray, 3ms response time)? Panasonic S10 fits the bill in most ways at 32 inch and a 37 is also available. Sharp DH77 32 inch also has a decent spec and reputed good picture but only available at John Lewis stores and online. I should point out both Panasonic and Sharp offer manufacturer warranties of 5 and 3 years respectively so worth considering that point also. Best prices are online and Richer Sounds really but I suppose your budget is your best guide. Honestly if you want a good set you might want to stretch to £500 and then you might more (useful) features; that is just my opinion though which is based on my own experience of the market.

Hope this is of some help,
    Simon

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
  5. S Bibby

S Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Personally I don't rate Toshiba that highly, IMO they aren't bad but their XV models are nothing special and at that money you can buy better. I don't know if all the Tosh models are the same but I just think they are trying to cover a larger area of the market. If you had more money to spend the ZV or ZF something or other would be a better bet but I think it's no longer a current model. Edit: Also not as happy with the viewing angle on the Toshibas, something worth considering if there are a few people watching.

6. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your replies.

I was initally sold on the LH4000 as ive heard (but dont know why) 100Hz is a great feature to have. A little researching later and i found that only 37" and above have 100Hz... Plus there arent too many overly flattering reviews.

Im now looking at the sharp, but i cant find a Panasonic S10. Whats the full model number?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Cheers.

7. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
  8. S Bibby

S Bibby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Hi,
    Yes you are actually right about the lack of 100hz on the LG, which surprises me. LG seem to keep dropping features on their smaller screens, the LH5000 32 inch has 100hz but the larger versions of that model have 200hz. It also has 5ms response time instead of 3ms; must be a different panel or something like that.

I suppose they are trying to keep the costs down.