1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 32" / DVB TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Michael Belej, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Michael Belej

Michael Belej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Experts

I want a 32" TV with best picture quality. Sound will be via seperates. Any ideas?

Also, should I be looking for a set with a DVB logo - is the quality better than a set top box. Recommendations please. :rolleyes:

2. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike,

You might want to check out Philip's 32DW9625 which has an onboard Ondigital decoder , one less box under the telly. I came across it in John Lewis, very nice picture (100hz). I'm in the same boat as yourself and most people, what 32" widscreen to buy? The biggest headache I've found is deciding between 50 and 100hz. In the end I'm going for a 50hz Panasonic, at this stage I'm not so sure that 100hz technology warrants the extra 2 or £300

Phil

3. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    if its a 4.3 picture you want take a look at loewe "they make a callida which i think is the best picture ive seen ,i spent £3000"in the past" on a b&o but it sucked compared to the loewe .i think they are about £1200 now .awsome picture if its tv rather than films you like :) :) best move i ever made

pic here on my site http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk///

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: leon ]

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Easy Answer a Sony IDTV.

Very good picture - better than a box, only get 100Hz if you are suspectable to flicker.

I have got a KV32DX20 - a very good TV

5. simes

simes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why pay extra for a DVB TV ?

The digibox comes free with your subscription.I agree its nicer to not have another box under the TV but to pay so much extra for the privilidge is crazy.That is unless you only want the free channels ;)

6. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    The Loewe Aconda is a great TV, with the VGA option you can use a HTPC to watch DVDs at 848x480 progressive scan. It also has 2 RGB enabled scart sockets (the 3rd supports upto svideo). One of the scarts also supports component video. You can easlily access the service menu to correct any geometry problems. It supports PAL60 regardless of the DVD player. Picture quality is great and for a 100Hz TV it is great with fast moving sports such as football. When you turn it off it does this very cool closing curtins effect. There isn't a TV in the world that I would swap mine for and I have had it for over a year.

Jeff

7. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sony DVB tuner gives a better picture than a loan Ondigital box!