• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 32" 1080p HD Gaming LCD for £500 Approx?

jpb82

Established Member
Hi

I have £500 or so to spend on a new 32" LCD which will be used exclusively with the Xbox 360 and eventually a PS3 only.

The LCD must be 1080p, i know most people will say that 1080p on a 32" screen is completely useless but is a must for me.

Ive only been looking for an hour or so, but am finding it difficult finding reviews and info on what are the best 32" LCD's around at the moment.

Could anyone possibly tell me which 32" LCD will give the very best PQ with the Xbox 360 and PS3 for around £500?

Thankyou

boxrick

Prominent Member
Hi

I have £500 or so to spend on a new 32" LCD which will be used exclusively with the Xbox 360 and eventually a PS3 only.

The LCD must be 1080p, i know most people will say that 1080p on a 32" screen is completely useless but is a must for me.

Ive only been looking for an hour or so, but am finding it difficult finding reviews and info on what are the best 32" LCD's around at the moment.

Could anyone possibly tell me which 32" LCD will give the very best PQ with the Xbox 360 and PS3 for around £500?

Thankyou

My Xbox and ps3 look better as far as resolution goes on my 720p projector (84") than on my 50" 1080p Pioneer plasma simply due to the resolution. ( colours motion etc are a total other matter ) its not even a small difference its crazy how much better 720p panels look on ps3 and 360 games. Simply because if a game is rendered at a particular resolution it is best to leave it unscaled and display it at its *native* resolution.... Which virtually all 360 and ps3 games are...

So if its solely for ps3 and 360 gaming 1080p is a total waste and you can get a top spec 720p screen for the sort of money you are willing to spend :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom