Best 32” TV?

Vincenzo1889

Novice Member
Hi, I am new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice please. I am looking to buy a 32” tv for the kitchen. I have spent quite a bit of time researching what’s out there and from what I can see most 32” are getting pretty poor reviews as most of the good spec goes on to the larger panels. I was just about to take the plunge and buy a Sony Bravia 32WD756BU from John Lewis £329 with 5 year guarantee as this appeared to be one of the better ones out of largely a bad bunch. I then noticed a review saying that you cannot update the Apps on it and also that it was a 2016 model. Thinking that there has to be something newer and with more spec I came across the Samsung UE32T5300 (£269 Richer Sounds) this has fairly decent reviews but I just can’t decide which is better? The TV will be for 100% watching not gaming. Must be full HD with good picture & sound, built in Freeview and good for streaming. Budget is around £300. Any advice would be much appreciated.

vickster

Distinguished Member
I’m happy with my 1080p LG 32LM6300, has the full range of catch up TV apps (being a 2019 not 2020 model) and a perfectly good picture and sound (using an older Virgin TiVo box).
I discounted the Samsung due to reviews saying it loses its Wi-fi connection which was a deal breaker for me simply because was buying mainly for the smart functions which my old Samsung was lacking.
I can’t speak to Freeview as have no aerial.

£249 at RS (they gave me a tenner off because cheaper at Curry’s although they wouldn’t price match, call to negotiate, as still is)

Vincenzo1889

Novice Member
I’m happy with my 1080p LG 32LM6300, has the full range of catch up TV apps (being a 2019 not 2020 model) and a perfectly good picture and sound (using an older Virgin TiVo box).
I discounted the Samsung due to reviews saying it loses its Wi-fi connection which was a deal breaker for me simply because was buying mainly for the smart functions which my old Samsung was lacking.

£249 at RS (they gave me a tenner off because cheaper at Curry’s although they wouldn’t price match, call to negotiate, as still is)
Thanks Vickster I will check out the LG. I might be wrong but I think Which gave it a poor review but then they didn’t give any 32” a particularly good one. I have discounted the Sony Bravia as it is a 2016 model and there appears to be issues getting some Apps. The Samsung I can’t find anybody with stock so there has been a major take up of this product. Slightly tempted by the Samsung Frame in 32” it’s just the price...

vickster

Distinguished Member
Thanks Vickster I will check out the LG. I might be wrong but I think Which gave it a poor review but then they didn’t give any 32” a particularly good one. I have discounted the Sony Bravia as it is a 2016 model and there appears to be issues getting some Apps. The Samsung I can’t find anybody with stock so there has been a major take up of this product. Slightly tempted by the Samsung Frame in 32” it’s just the price...
I’m only going on what I see and hear from the TV when I watch it.
I don’t place much stall on Which reviews myself.
Martin Dawes have the Samsung coming in 7-10 days for example

Or you can call RS to order? They do all of the models so you could see what their advisor has to recommend, they’re pretty knowledgeable

The Samsung Frame is a very over priced mediocre TV by all accounts, only worth considering for the slim design.
Happy shopping

Vincenzo1889

Novice Member
You have to keep your expectations very low when shopping for small TVs now, especially 32" where TVs are really just bottom of the barrel quality. That includes the overpriced frame.
👍
I’m only going on what I see and hear from the TV when I watch it.
I don’t place much stall on Which reviews myself.
Martin Dawes have the Samsung coming in 7-10 days for example

Or you can call RS to order? They do all of the models so you could see what their advisor has to recommend, they’re pretty knowledgeable

The Samsung Frame is a very over priced mediocre TV by all accounts, only worth considering for the slim design.
Happy shopping
👍

low-def.

I'm also in the market for a new 32" tv for the bedroom. Like someone else said further up, the Samsung 32 & 43's I've used tend to have poor wifi - and I believe only have 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz. This mad the included smart apps useless and therefore led to the purchase of firesticks.

Dodgexander

2.4ghz WiFi has a longer stretch than 5ghz, and all TVs will support connecting to it. WiFi reception on TVs can be pretty poor though as you've already discovered. Being all bottom range models, the 32" models also won't be as good as larger models. Inferior WiFi chipsets with less room for larger antennas.

jhiker

I’ve just bought one of these for the bedroom and, for the price, I’m delighted with it. Wi-fi is rock solid and Netflix/Prime has been flawless. Picture is pretty good too.

RealityDysfunction

Samsung are offering £100 cashback on the 32" Frame at the moment I believe. Still rather expensive, but I think the picture will be at least as good as other manufacturers screens of a similar size.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom