1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 30-32 inch lcd tv with picture in picture?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sponshagga, Jan 1, 2004.

1. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone recommend a 30-32" lcd tv with picture in picture? The websites don't always say wether this is a feature and Its quite important I have it. So far I've found

LG rz30lz13 ( like the look but worried about talk of leakage in this Forum. Also anyone know the response time?)

Samsung 32" ( Bloody ugly to me anYone know if the 29" looks any better?)

Sharp 30" ( apparently has pip but couldn't get it to work in the shop and it seems there are issues with overscan)

So problems with all candidates here. Anyone got any helpful advice. Most gratefully recieved thanks.

2. gp2229

gp2229

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I was the person who reported "leakage" on the LG screen. The MW30MZ10 which is apparently now discontinued was of much better build quality than the RZ30LZ13 which I received as a replacement after my screen was damaged. The 10 model does not have the tuner built in and has component input but no scarts, the 13 model has 3 scarts but no component. The 10 is a very solid box with real brushed metal surround and speakers to match, the 13 is plastic and a bit cheap feeling. It is on this model that I now have quite a lot of light at the bottom of the screen and the screen itself appears quite "flimsy". I think Empire are still offering the 10 model at £1999 so if the spec fits you could do worse at that price point. I have not seen it since, but I did manage to get it for £1750 incl free LG DVD/Video combo. I am thinking also of the Toshiba 32WL36 which is about £2400 but not sure if it does PiP.

Good luck

Graham

3. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sponshagga,

Have had a Sharp LC-30HV4E for a couple of days now and it does pic in pic (not a twin tuner mind you) and overscan is below 5%.

It's had some good magazine reviews a few months back when circa £3500, paid only £2150 so very happy with my purchase so far.

Regards,

Chris L.

4. sponshagga

sponshagga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just missed out on hughes doing an offer on the lg mw30mz10 only trouble is the pip doesnt have dual tuner or any tuner. I was prepared to find a way around it for a good price but £1999 at empire without tuner or speakers is not so good. Does the Toshiba have pip? otherwise I keep going round in circles and coming back to the Rz30lz13 what a shame it's badly made. I'm even considering that pig ugly Samsung 32" again or a hitachi plasma, but it will be in constant use as a computer screen so I dont think plasma is so good for that