Best 27" screen for photography?

gcwebbyuk

Novice Member
I currently use an HP LP2475w which is a great screen, but I am looking to get something bigger like a 27".

I also run a Dell U2311H as a second screen, but would get rid (sell) this too to make room for the 27".

I use my PC for a variety of things, office use, gaming - but mainly want something that will be good for photo editing.

What is the best screen to go for these days for this purpose? My budget is flexible - but I am not made of money :cool:

I will also post this in the PC section, but I am guessing the responses there will be more edged towards 3d/gaming whereas I am more interested in quality for editing.

Johnmcl7

I went with the Del U2711 as its older CCFL backlighting seems to give a better picture, it has a matt coating rather than glossy, it has a wide range of display inputs and crucially for an expensive monitor it has good support as I bought mine with five year on site warranty. Given the monitor wasn't cheap and I expect it to last a while I thought it worth having a decent warranty.

John

eddiewood

Distinguished Member
I currently use an HP LP2475w which is a great screen, but I am looking to get something bigger like a 27".

I also run a Dell U2311H as a second screen, but would get rid (sell) this too to make room for the 27".

I use my PC for a variety of things, office use, gaming - but mainly want something that will be good for photo editing.

What is the best screen to go for these days for this purpose? My budget is flexible - but I am not made of money :cool:

I will also post this in the PC section, but I am guessing the responses there will be more edged towards 3d/gaming whereas I am more interested in quality for editing.
Viewsonic VP2365wb here, editing and fps gaming. :smashin: I guess there might be a bigger version now?

wongataa

The best will be the NEC Spectraview 27" or Eizo Coloredge 27". Both cost over £1000 though. Remember to budget for the calibration kit as well whatever you get.

Or have one with a computer built in
Apple (United Kingdom) - iMac - The ultimate all-in-one desktop computer.
Apple screens are nothing special really.

eddiewood

Distinguished Member
I'm not too sure that the OP is wanting over a grands worth on monitor.