1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 26" Screen for Fast Games???

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by J_men, Apr 9, 2005.

1. J_men

J_men

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I'm looing for a 26" LCD monitor/TV for my PC specifically to play games like Counterstrike, Half-life, Doom 3 etc etc. and I'm worried about how good these sized monitors are at displaying fast games without bluring. I've heard that these games can be unplayable on a bad LCD screen.

Have looked at the Acer AL2671W, Samsung LT-P266W, Sharp Aquos LC26GA3E,and Dell 2405FPW. But how can I tell if there "definitly" won't be any blurring without actually hooking them up and trying them out. Anyone got experiences of these screens???

I'm not worried about the display quality of "non-digital signals" (is that the right term?) as I'm not really gunna use it as a TV very much.

Got a max budget of about £800

(Mods - I'll re-post this if this isn't appropriate for this forum, posted it here cos in the LCD forum everyone seem to only talk about the Xbox)

Thanks for any advise

2. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +430
    Not sure how much help it will be - but the ACER is being discussed on this thread:

AVF thread

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should consider Dell's 2405. 24" widescreen LCD with a resolution of 1920x1200 :eek:

4. J_men

J_men

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

Read the Acer thread, so how good is trustedreviews.com ??? They do sound like they know what their talking about, are they seriously respected by you guys?

5. Ch3tan

Ch3tan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Get a dell 2405fpw, it is not a dedicated TV, but has composite and component in so you can plug a tuner into it directly. PIP, and its made to be a computer monitor, so it has higher resolutions and a faster responce time.