• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 26 LCD: LT26DS6, 27WLT56 or LE26R41BDX? with JL price matches

slymarques

Standard Member
Hi, thank you very much for all the information in these forums, which has helped me narrow down the choices to these 3:

- Toshiba 27WLT56 (currently in JL at £799, but could price match them against C&M for £649, or Sound&Vision for £649 - to get the 5 yr warranty,etc)
- JVC LT26DS6 (currently in JL at £995, but could price match them against Sound&Vision for £683, C&M for £725 and Hi-Spek for £749)
- Samsung LE26R41BDX (currently in JL at £749, but could price match them against Hi-Spek for £649).

I plan to use this TV in my bedroom for Sky+ and Xbox 360.

Any recommendations from the 3?

K

kerraig

If you plan to use it for tv then you need the one with the best scaler or you need to buy a decent scaler seperately. As for which one has the best scaler, the only one i've had experience of is the Samsung at standard def. i dont recommend it.

GadgetObsessed

You may also want to consider the following:

Sharp lc26p50e - currently £499 at richer sounds, JL should be able to price match with them. Low res screen but reported to have just about the best standard def picture quality. Also reports that this screen is very good with Xbox 360. This model is just about to be replaces with the lc26p55e. If you need the digital tuner you may want to wait for the upcoming p70e range.

Samsung le26r41bdx can be bought from Freemans for £450 using the 25% off first order discount. (JL will not match this though.)

slymarques

Standard Member
Wow. Forgot about that one. It has got some great reviews for non HD material. (ie the bulk that I'm going to watch anyway). Saw that both RS and JL has it in stock. Will try tomorrow to get JL to pricematch it......

Thank you :thumbsup: (great price at £499 with 5yr warranty)

slymarques

Standard Member
Just had a call from JL saying that they will not PM Richer Sounds as the web price of £499 (in-store only) does not match the on-display price of £699. Anyway, RS does not seem to have the 26 in stock anymore.... :(

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom