Best 26" LCD for Sports

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Timber, Oct 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Timber

Timber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have simple tastes! Sport, sport and more sport. Am I better sticking with CRT or will LCD do it for me?

Plus I hate any sort of picture size/ proportion compromise. (I'm amazed at how many friends and family watch their wide screens with streched aspect or info graphics hanging outside the screen edge.) Not too worried by black bars top or bottom providing I'm seeing the whole broadcast signal.

My room would suite a 26" screen - any advice would be really welcomed.

2. soup nazi

soup nazi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's best to go to a shop and ask to put the sport channels on. always best to
    see before you buy.But in my opinion having an sony lcd for 2 days(returned)
    that watching any fast moving image like football was unwatchable,also when euro 2004 was on all the shop windows with lcd tvs had the football playing and they were all terrible picture quality so it was not just mine.just my opinion though best to take a look at them yourself.

3. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I think that watching a white football being kicked around on green grass is a great test of the refresh rates of LCD. With older LCDs the ball turns into a smear, but with the latest 16ms screens it stays crisp.

I totally agree with you about people who watch 4:3 in distorted widescreen. Drives me mad! The only problem with watching 4:3 on my 16:9 CRT is that the image ends up almost square, cutting quite a lot of both sides. I don't think this problem is quite as bad with LCDs - take a tape measure to the shop and measure the width and height in 4:3 mode (if you won't feel embarrassed).

I would have a look at the Sharp LC32GA3E and LC32GA4E.

James

4. Timber

Timber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do I find refresh rates for current models? Most manufacturers sites do not seem to state them.

5. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    personally,
    i, like you am sports mad.
    i have come to find watching sport on the lcds is not for me.
    prefer crt.
    if you must go for lcd i'm afraid you'll have to look towards the higher end of the market products.

6. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try the Toshiba 26WL46 (soon to be replaced by the 27WL48). The response time is really fast and I've not noticed any smearing on mine (although I don't watch football but F1 is okay).