1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 26" - 30" LCD with HDMI?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Sicton, May 2, 2005.

1. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I, like many others on these forums, have been hunting long and hard for an LCD screen.

I have come to the conclusion that I might not want a 32" screen anymore, since I'm not going to be able to sit more than 8 ft away from the screen and the general consensus around here is that you need to be able to sit further than 8 ft if you've got a 32" so I've decided I might opt for a 26" - 30" LCD screen instead, should there be one worth buying.

So, my question is, can anyone recommend a decent LCD screen between 26" and 30".

I would prefer to go for a major brand such as Toshiba, Hitachi or Samsung. I would also like both HDMI and DVI if possible, or one or the other, and component inputs and phono outputs on the screen as well. High quality picture is a necessity and anything else that might make the screen a worthy purchase.

I am yet to find anything that meets this criteria exactly. Has anyone got anything they could recommend?

Thanks!

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    hi sicton

surely its worth considering the new hitachi 32ld7200 which has hdmi and dvi it may be 2inches bigger but so what.

3. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I definitely am considering it, but was wondering if there are other smaller - and cheaper - screens that could do the job equally as well on a smaller scale.

The 32LD7200 is high-up on my list, as is the Toshiba 32WL56 although the lack of component is putting me off that a bit, even though I don't use component for anything at the moment.

4. WoodyC

WoodyC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Samsung 32" (which has both HDMi & DVI although the DVI doesn't accept PC input) and am happy with it. I think the 26" version only has DVI though and I'm not sure about component.

The only flaw I've noticed so far (I've only had it 24 hours mind) was with the snooker where the colours tended to smear a little. I personally believe that this isn't actually too bad, and everything else I've watched through it has looked very good.

5. onefivenine

onefivenine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +647
    I'd recommend a Sharp LC-26GA4E - there are few still around but you might have to search about. I got one recently from webelectricals.