• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best 1TB External HDD ?

SGH42

I'm on the look out for a 1TB external HDD & notice that pcworld do a MAXTOR ONE TOUCH III TURBO ED 1TB EXTERNAL HARD DISK DRIVE for £219.99, any good or are there some other recommendations ?

Cheers
Steve

norealplan

Distinguished Member
I'd also look at Western Digital My Book range. Very happy with my 500gb one. I was going to go for 1TB but then thought that if it went, I'd be totally ******! Have you considered getting two 500gb ones? With the My Books, on some models you can daisy chain them together. That way if one goes, you've still got the other.

badbob

Banned
Maxtor= not unless you want a brick after a year.
Craigy Boy, if you do get two drives means double the risk too.:rotfl: since you got more hard drives, one out of two is more likely to go down, compared to one. Even so 500GB lost would be a nightmare if you had no backup.

1TB drives are still expensive per GB, so two 500GB will work out cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom